Family Planning Communication Specialist
Jobs at:Caritas Rwanda/SG
Deadline of this Job:
02 June 2021
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, May 20, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Communication Specialist will be part of the Members of CARITAS Rwanda project team based in Kigali. The Incumbent will work closely with SBC Specialist and Diocesan based staff, Catholic Co-Managed Health Facilities, Districts and local community organizations and others to design, implement communication techniques and approaches aiming at increasing of uptake of Family Planning. The Communication Specialist will work under direct supervision of Caritas Rwanda Health Director to provide technical assistance to design, implement, coordinate and monitor developed communication strategy.
Job vacancy summary:
Position : Family Planning, Communication Specialist
Line Manager: Caritas Rwanda Health Director
Job Location: Kigali with frequent field visits to Project implementation zones.
Duration of Contract: One-year renewable based on performance and availability of Funds
• Participate to different planning processes including (Annual Work Plan and Budget)
• Be part of coordinating team to provide needed expertise and technical support for the elaboration of operational and budget plans with regards to SBCC interventions.
• Follow-up closely the implementation progress of the annual work plan with regard to Family planning SBCC interventions.
• She/he will support the coordination of SBCC activities as relates to the design, development and production of BCC materials for the project.
• Work closely with SBCC Specialists, to ensure smooth implementation of family planning communication strategies
• She/he will support the coordination of SBCC activities related to the design, development and production of BCC materials for the project.
• Participate in joint project field visits activities aiming at taking stock on the project implementation status.
• She/he will compose, edit, design, record and produce publications such as newsletters, leaflets and brochures.
• She/he will design, plan and coordinate media and marketing events, including press conferences, informational meetings and online broadcasts.
• She/he will arrange publicity for the project and organization through different outlets;
• Ensure effective implementation of designed communication strategy with project implementation especially during community mobilization events/meetings.
• Document best practices or most significant success stories of the project activities
• Carry out any other duties that will be assigned by the supervisor.
Minimum required qualifications and skills
Candidates for this position must demonstrate capacity to deliver results, and a strong commitment to professional ethics and integrity. In addition, he/she must meet the following requirements:
Education and Skills
Master’s degree or Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism and communications with 5 years working experiences in social and medial communications.
• Be familiar of working with local NGOs, Faith based Organizations (FBOs) Public institutions especially Local Government entities (Districts, Sectors…etc.)
• Having extensive trainings in family planning and integration of family values
• Being skilled in working with Media houses and journalists
• Having experiences in the development of scripts and content of sketch on natural family planning is a plus.
• Will support field programme teams in planning and implementing and evidence-informed response to address behavior change among key target populations.
• Being familiar in related skills: editing, designing, recording and producing publications such as audios, newsletters, leaflets and brochures.
• Familiar with media and marketing events, including press conferences, informational meetings and online broadcasts.
• Fluency and writing skills in English or French and Kinyarwanda are required.
• Must possess excellent interpersonal communication and report writing skills Proficiency with Microsoft office.
• Female candidates are encouraged to apply!
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
Qualified and interested Candidates should submit their application documents (CV/Resume and Motivation letter) addressed to Caritas Rwanda Secretary General exclusively to [email protected] by June 2, 2021 and not later than 5:00pm Kigali time.