Jobs at:University of Global Health Equity (UGHE)
Deadline of this Job:
29 November 2020
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, October 30, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The University of Global Health Equity (UGHE) is a new kind of university focused on training the next generation of global leaders in health care delivery. The university launched in Rwanda in September 2015 with its flagship degree: Master of Science in Global Health Delivery (MGHD). Through an academic experience uniquely rooted in the values of equity, students are empowered to both ease suffering at the bedside and drive transformational, systemic changes to the health system.
UGHE is an initiative of Partners In Health (PIH), an internationally recognized non-profit organization whose mission is to provide a preferential option for the poor in health care. In over nearly three decades of operating alongside public sectors in countries around the world, PIH has developed a model to deliver high quality healthcare to some of the world’s most marginalized communities. Nowhere has this impact been more profound than in Rwanda, where Inshuti Mu Buzima—PIH’s sister organization—and our government partners have driven innovation for a decade.
Members of the UGHE community are tenacious and resolute in our drive to attain social justice, make common cause with those in need, listen to and learn from others, and operate with honesty and humility as we uphold academic integrity and intellectual curiosity. UGHE seeks individuals committed to these values to join the team. .
The Faculty will build and support UGHE’s innovative academic programs, which currently includes the Master of Science in Global Health Delivery (MGHD) but will also include future offerings such as medicine, nursing, dentistry, and doctoral studies. UGHE’s academic programs are built upon active learning approaches, leveraging education technology, and exemplifying world class quality. The Faculty ensures that this vision is executed in every class by collaborating with global teams, including individuals from Harvard, Tufts, Yale, and the Rwandan government and NGO communities. The ideal candidate has a strong academic background in global health, research, and management and can effectively apply his/her expertise to the UGHE curricula, infusing high quality and innovative pedagogy and content, and is excited about the opportunity to join a fast-moving, equity-focused start-up.
• Under the supervision of the lead faculty, serve as course instructor in all modules of MGHD where skills and expertise apply, course may include Managing Global Health Care Delivery, practicum, Health Policy, and Political Economy, Principles in Global Health Equity, Evidence based global health delivery, biostatistics, leadership and management, and other supplementary workshops/seminars.
• Utilize dynamic and outcome-driven teaching practices (including team-based and problem-based learning approaches) to develop students’ critical thinking abilities and technical expertise.
• Mentor students’ leadership capacity throughout academic year
• Work closely with the academic team to oversee the ongoing design, instruction, coordination, and evaluation of the courses.
• Contribute to the evaluation of students in a timely and comprehensive manner, consistent with UGHE monitoring and evaluation protocol and course assessment criteria.
• Respond promptly to student and administrative requests.
• Support students outside of the classroom via in person and online modalities.
Student Experience and Support Management
Online Learning Management System
• Liaise with and support students during class and office hours, identify supplementary academic materials, and provide student feedback
• Design and lead supplementary programming on academic writing, literature reviews, and principles of academic integrity; occasionally facilitate in-class instruction
• Receive, collate, and respond to student input
• Contribute to the ongoing management of UGHE’s online learning management system
• Develop online education materials
• Support and participate in admissions and selection processes
• Assist in designing an academically rich experience integrating global health content and cutting-edge pedagogy, and ensuring continuity of content across multiple faculty in order to maximize student experience and to ensure students achieve desired competencies.
• Assists in conducting literature, media, and other course reviews to develop high caliber pre-, post-, and in-class material
• Assists in designing and executing evaluations and course assessments to ensure continuous quality improvement
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Master’s or advanced degree in education, public health, business, or related field
• Graduate coursework in global/public health, health care management, education, and/or business
• Academic or professional experience participating in health science research
• Experience working with students and faculty
• Experience teaching or supporting content delivery in a higher education setting
• Experience with active learning approaches, education technology, and other innovations in higher education
• Familiarity with blended learning and online learning platforms
• Excitement to work as part of a startup team: independent, dynamic, and able to excel in ambiguity
• Exceptional written and oral communication skills
• Exemplary interpersonal skills; ability to effectively collaborate with culturally diverse staff across departments and countries
• Availability to work evenings and weekends (when classes and events are often held)
• Interest in social justice strongly desirable
• Two years of experience working in an international setting with diverse teams preferred
• Experience working in Rwanda or East Africa preferred
• Fluent in English
University of Global Health Equity, is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Follow the link below to apply: https://www.pih.org/pages/employment?p=job/oYqTdfwe