- Company: (NAEB)
- Location: Zambia
- State: Rwanda
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Rwanda
The National Agriculture Export Development Board (NAEB) would like to recruit self-motivated and qualified employee to fill the following position.
Job Title: Facility Management Engineer
Division/Department: Finance and Administration
Reporting To: DAF
Responsible For: making sure that buildings and their services meet the needs of the people that work in them relating to state of repairs, paintvvork, occupancy, maintenance and ancillary repairs.
·Coordinate the core integrated facilities management services of repairs, maintenance, and provisions to streamline communications and make everyday Operations easier.
· Accountable for services such as cleaning, civil and mechanical repairs and lighting systems, to make sure the surrounding environment is in a suitable condition to work..
· Coordinating and working with third party contractors engaged in Civil, Mechanical and Electrical works at NAEB
·To assist as required with the preparation of the building maintenance plan, liaising with and advising “User Departments” on associated matters.
· To survey and report on the facilities and the condition of buildings in respect of planned development and maintenance programs
· To monitor as necessary energy consumption and ensure the efficient use of energy.
Duties & Responsibilities
· Collaborate with electrical, mechanical & civil engineering contractors and other personnel to identify, define, and solve facilities (Buildings & Machinery) maintenance problems
· Conduct inspections for quality control and assurance programs, report findings and recommendations.
· Continuously review and coordinate any modifications to contract specifications and plans throughout the construction process.
· Provide technical assistance and resolution when electrical or engineering problems are encountered before, during, and after construction
· Read and review project blueprints and structural specifications to determine dimensions of structure or system and material requirements.
·Prepare reports and document repair, rehabilitation, development project activities and data.
· Manage all aspects of health and safety in relation to the estates environment
· Report maintenance problems occurring at project site to supervisor and negotiate changes to resolve conflicts.
· Review project instructions and blueprints to ascertain test specifications, procedures, and objectives, and test nature of technical problems
As directed by Supervisor
Administrative & Managerial Responsibilities
Supervise, Coordinate and facilitate external contractors in executing their contracts
Qualifications and Experience:
Bachelor in Mechanical or Civil Engineering
3 Year of experience with exposure in civil or mechanical works
Key Skills & Competencies
· Interpersonal, organization and time management skills,
· Work under pressure and able to work independently,
· Conscious of timelines,
· Good in writing, records management, documentation, and analytical skills, Effective planning and proper coordination while involving all relevant
· Numeracy and decision-making skills.
· High observational and Problem-solving skills.
· Reading & Report writing skills
· Team player, managerial skills and the ability to motivate others
· Strong Interpersonal skills, Logical reasoning. & Critical-thinking skills
Conversant and fluent in English, French and Kinyarwanda is advantageous
Indicate position applied for in the Subject box. Attach a motivation letter accompanied with a detailed CV with three referees, Photocopy of Diplomas/Degree and photocopy of identity card should be submitted to NAEB E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org and copy to email@example.com not later than Thursday 29th August at 5:00 PM