POSITION: Evaluation Data Manager – Rwanda
ICAP at Columbia University, through funding by the U.S President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), is supporting the scale-up of HIV recent infection surveillance using a new HIV-1 rapid test for recent infection (RTRI) in Rwanda. Expanded used of the new test in routine HIV testing services offers opportunity to target prevention efforts, improve care and treatment of people living with HIV, and accelerate epidemic control. ICAP, a global health leader situated within the Columbia University Mailman School of Public Health in New York City, seeks highly qualified candidates to serve as an Evaluation Data Manager in Rwanda.
Reporting to the ICAP Evaluation Study Coordinator, the Evaluation Data Manager will serve as the main point of contact in country for data management as part of the headquarters-led evaluation to: 1) assess the impact of HIV-1 Recency testing on HIV positive yield of index testing and 2) the risk (including intimate partner violence and changes in health-related quality of life) associated with Recency testing and returning testing results. The Data Manager will be responsible for in-country management, storage, and security of data, as well as other technical aspects of the evaluation study. The data manager will also work to ensure delivery of clean, high-quality data and troubleshoot possible information and communications technology (ICT) challenges during data collection. The Evaluation Data Manager will work closely with the headquarters and regionally based data management teams to ensure seamless rollout of data collection, management, and monitoring as part of this evaluation.
In collaboration with the Rwanda Biomedical Center (RBC), the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and ICAP:
- Develop an in-country data management plan to support the implementation of the evaluation study that is consistent with country-specific and institutional requirements
- Support implementation of evaluation data architecture for data capture and data collection activities including data management, cleaning, monitoring, and reporting during study evaluation implementation
- Liaise with country, regional, and headquarter data management teams to manage inventory and configuration of data collection tools, storage and security of data, and troubleshoot and resolve software and connectivity issues that may arise with health information applications, data capture systems, and servers
- Monitor data to verify evaluation procedures are being followed and to track progress of key evaluation activities, and conduct routine data quality control checks under guidance of technical team leads
- Perform data cleaning, de-identification, and deduplication program to prepare evaluation datasets for use by the evaluation team to conduct analyses
- Produce monitoring and analytic reports to track progress, milestones, and preliminary results, and participate in routine data reviews to inform implementation and reporting of the evaluation study
- Manage a continuous quality improvement (CQI) program to ensure and maintain the high quality of data and processes
- Develop training materials, standard operating procedures (SOPs), and data management documentation to enhance data quality and reporting during implementation
- Assist with training and knowledge transfer activities to build the capacity of study staff and site-level personnel to facility quality data capture and reporting
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Bachelor’s degree in statistics, applied mathematics, epidemiology, biostatistics, biomedical engineering, computer science, health informatics, health information technology, or another related field. Additional training/degree in fields mentioned above or health-related field is a plus.
Experience, Skills, and Preferred Qualifications:
- At least 4 years of experience working in epidemiology, biostatistics, biomedical sciences, computer science, health informatics, health information technology, or data management.
- Ddemonstrated experience in the collection, management, analysis, use, and dissemination of HIV research and program data, and providing technical assistance in these areas
- Strong data management and analysis skills required.
- Experience in database maintenance and administration, including DHIS2.
- Proficient in SAS, STATA, SPSS, R or equivalent statistical package to conduct analyses
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to work with and learn from a team of technical experts with varied backgrounds (health information system developers, epidemiologists, health care service providers, etc.)
- Ability to work with a wide range of stakeholders, including leaders, technical professionals, government and non-government representatives
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and maximum accountability and attention to detail
- Ability to fill multiple roles simultaneously
- Fluency in English, both spoken and written. Basic proficiency in French or Kinyarwanda beneficial
The position is contingent upon availability of grant funding. Columbia University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. It does not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on the basis of race, color, sex, gender, religion, creed, national and ethnic origin, age, citizenship, status as a perceived or actual victim of domestic violence, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, status as a Vietnam era or disabled veteran, or any other legally protected status.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 15th March, 2021.