Education Officer, FT (NO-2), Kigali, Rwanda #100615(For Rwandan Nationals Only)
Contract type: Fixed Term Appointment
Categories: Education, NO-2
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, Education
UNICEF Rwanda Education Programme focuses on strengthening the effectiveness and equity of the education system and improving the quality of education in Rwanda, while ensuring that the most vulnerable children in Rwanda are reached by the education system.
How can you make a difference?
This work aims to address bottlenecks and barriers for girls and boys, to ensure gender equity in education from pre-primary to secondary levels of education.
2. Program management, monitoring and delivery of results;
3. Technical and operational support to program implementation;
4. Networking and partnership building;
5. Innovation, knowledge management and capacity building
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
• A university degree in one of the following fields is required: Education, Gender Studies, Psychology, Sociology or another relevant social science field.
• A minimum of 2 years of professional experience in social development planning and management in education and related areas at the international and/or in a developing country is required.
• Relevant experience in education and related areas, program/project development and management in a UN system agency or organization is an asset.
• Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language or a local language is an asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA) and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
The functional competencies required for this post are…
• Builds and maintains partnerships (Level 1)
• Demonstrates self-awareness and ethical awareness (Level 1)
• Drive to achieve results for impact (Level 1)
• Innovates and embraces change (Level 1)
• Manages ambiguity and complexity (Level 1)
• Thinks and acts strategically (Level 1)
• Works collaboratively with others (Level 1)
View our competency framework at
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
Mobility is a condition of international professional employment with UNICEF and an underlying premise of the international civil service.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
26 Oct 2020
South Africa Standard Time
Deadline: 09 Nov 2020 South Africa Standard Time