Economic Strengthening Advisor
Deadline of this Job:
18 August 2020
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, August 05, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
At the heart of Pact is the promise of a better tomorrow. A nonprofit international development organization founded in 1971, Pact works on the ground in nearly 40 countries to improve the lives of those who are challenged by poverty and marginalization. We serve these communities because we envision a world where everyone owns their future. To do this, we build systemic solutions in partnership with local organizations, businesses, and governments that create sustainable and resilient communities where those we serve are heard, capable, and vibrant. Pact is a recognized global leader in international development. Our staff have a range of expertise in areas including public health, capacity development, governance and civil society, natural resource management, poverty, fragile states, monitoring and evaluation, small-scale and artisanal mining, microfinance and more. .
• Technically supervise ES program activities including the design, development and implementation of technical guidance as it relates to ES, ensuring all ES activities are in line with state-of-the-art, globally-recognized best practices for addressing needs of AGYW, OVC, young people, and their caregivers.
• Exercising a supportive supervision approach, train and mentor technical staff and subgrantees responsible for child wellbeing and the empowerment of AGYW.
• Build awareness of key ES concepts and principles among subgrantees and institutions. This includes assisting families in earning and saving income, managing money, allocating household resources to improving children and youth’s wellness outcomes, and small business and enterprise development and management.
• Develop and instruct subgrantees on effective methodologies for identifying appropriate ES interventions for specific households and AGYW (i.e. credit and market opportunities, group savings, income generation, micro-enterprise development training, farming-as-a-business, extensionist, other vocational training opportunities, youth employability, etc.).; train/mentor in principles and standards for good implementation of or linkages to these interventions.
• Develop and ensure the implementation of strategies and interventions that promote the economic empowerment of young people.
• Coordinate the implementation of PEPFAR approved evidence-based ES interventions with ACHIEVE subpartners and beneficiaries.
• Ensure the documentation and dissemination of best practices and lessons learned, capture timely, high quality information and utilize data to inform decisions and foster learning and innovation.
• Monitor and maintain relevant manuals, training materials, and reports for economic strengthening.
• Ensure all economic strengthening strategies are gender-sensitive and promote equitable programming.
• Create and implement a plan to engage the private sector in economic strengthening activities for greater and sustainable impacts.
• Lead the monthly, quarterly, and annual planning, monitoring, and reporting for all Economic Strengthening (ES) related activities.
• Oversee pilot or demonstration projects to test and adopt specific ES activities.
• Regularly visit ISLGs to provide appreciative support and supportive supervision and to ensure that a spirit of motivated teamwork and open communication is maintained throughout the project sites.
• Identifying emerging areas of challenge and participating in the modification of program materials to meet those needs.
• Ensuring that program information is accurately and promptly communicated from and to the field;
• Regularly travel to the four districts to provide ES technical support and mentorship to implementing partners.
• Contribute to work plans, quarterly and annual reports, and other reports and papers summarizing project results and evidence.
• Coordinate and collaborate with other PEPFAR clinical and community partners on ES interventions.
• Prepare regular reports documenting processes, outputs and outcomes of ES work.
• Any other duties as assigned
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Master’s Degree or higher in economics, international development or a related field preferred; gender studies or experience an advantage.
• 5+ years’ experience designing, implementing and monitoring household economic strengthening activities working on multifaceted and complex international development programs.
• At least 3 years of technical management experience, including direct supervision of technical teams and implementing partners.
• Solid knowledge of social protection, household economic strengthening, and microenterprise and market development instruments and frameworks.
• Experience in leveraging private sector partnerships and resources for creation of business opportunities, business mentorship and skills training, market access, strategies to strengthen household resilience, etc.
• Demonstrated leadership qualities, depth and breadth of technical and management expertise and experience, and strong interpersonal, writing, and oral presentation skills including such skills in English.
• Experience with a USG cooperative agreement and PEPFAR programming strongly preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to create and maintain effective working relations with host country government personnel, stakeholders, NGO partners, and international donor agencies.
• Ability to work independently and manage a high volume work flow without constant or close supervision and ability and willingness to travel to program areas and internationally as required.
• Excellent training skills in working with adult learners, particularly at the community level; experience in an appreciative approach a plus.
• Demonstrated success implementing programming at the community level
• Expertise in and sensitivity to the socio-cultural barriers facing intended beneficiaries for this program
• Demonstrated leadership and team-building skills.
• Local candidates preferred
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Follow the link below to apply: https://careers-pactworld.icims.com/jobs/1449/economic-strengthening-advisor/job?mobile=false&width=870&height=500&bga=true&needsRedirect=false&jan1offset=0&jun1offset=0