Jobs at:Rwanda Engineering and Manufacturing (REMCO)
Deadline of this Job:
15 February 2021
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, February 01, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
REMCO is an engineering & manufacturing company that started in 2018 and owned by the government of Rwanda. REMCO was established to manufacture machines, equipment, and spare parts that were mostly imported in sectors of Agriculture mechanization, Construction, Mining, Automotive, Energy, Defense, and Health care equipment. REMCO also provides technical support for other local, regional companies through training, repair, and maintenance services.
As the industrial policy master plan recommends the Government to take the lead in investing in industries of high priority, REMCO provides a vehicle to implement this policy and serves as an anchor company for coordinated and rapid industrial growth. It is focused on priority areas of import substitution, job creation, and export-oriented growth as reflected in vision 2020 and Vision 2050. REMCO products are manufactured within modern and well-equipped machine shop and foundry facilities. REMCO uses advanced machines, such as CNC machines, conventional lathe & milling machines, CAD/CAM Labs, and an ultramodern Ferrous Casting Unit (Steel and Cast Iron) to produce multifaceted products through Induction Furnace melting with no-bake reclamation molding system. .
• Communicate with Engineering, Configuration Management, Quality, Production, and Project Managers to complete tasks and provide status.
• Maintain drawing status lists.
• Utilize SolidWorks or other design development software tools to generate drawings and technical data packages.
• Prepare 3D layouts, assembly drawings, detailed drawings, and Bill of Materials. • Utilize established SolidWorks Workgroup PDM.
• Sustain a high production workload for all projects and tasks.
• Update drawings per Engineering Change Orders (ECOs) and Action Items (AIs).
• Work closely with the Technical Writing Department to provide Graphics, which consists of converting eg .dwg files to .tif.
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Degree in engineering or diploma
• Two Years of experience using SolidWorks.
• 5 Years of experience using Autocad, to include Draftsman experience
• Experience in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, etc.)
• Experience in Paint Shop Pro & Photoshop.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Interested candidates must send their detailed CV listing at least three references with a letter of motivation to: [email protected] , Please remember to add the title of the position you are applying for in the subject line of the email. The applications sent after the deadline will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.