Host Entity- UNFPA
Duty Station- Cyangugu (RWA)
Language Skills- English
Start Date- 13 December 2021
Duration- 12 months with possibility of extension
Application Deadline- 03 January 2021
Minimum age: 22 years old. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.
Under the direct supervision of the Executive Secretary of the concerned District as first level supervisor, and of the UNFPA Assistant Representative as second level supervisor, the national UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
- To ensure efficient programme delivery, strong positioning within the District architecture and to facilitate a smooth transition to upstream support.
- To advocate for a better involvement of district authorities in the International Conference on Population and Development (ICPD) program of action.
- To have the ICPD agenda included in district development strategies.
- To advocate for the implementation of the Demographic Dividend study recommendations relevant to Districts.
- To promote the district leadership in the implementation of the 8th Country Programme (2018-2023) between the UNFPA and the Government of Rwanda
- To incite a better monitoring and reporting of progress obtained in the implementation of district development strategies and their linkages with the ICPD agenda, the SDGs, HSSP and the NST,
- To contribute to the development of UNFPA activities related to Reproductive Health, Population & Development and Gender in the districts,
- To seek for and establish synergies with other development partners present in the district
- To contribute to resources mobilization in order to better implement district development strategies
- To ensure UNFPA participation in Joint Action Development Forum (JADF) and other District meetings related to UNFPA mandate
- To promote volunteering among local communities (especially the youth) in support of improved Reproductive Health and Rights services
- To share information, photographs from the field that could serve for storytelling and communication for results
- To conduct field visits within the district to take stock and monitor activities within the District
- Support UNFPA’s humanitarian preparedness at the District level
Furthermore, UN Volunteers are required to:
- Strengthen their knowledge and understanding of the concept of volunteerism by reading relevant UNV and external publications and take active part in UNV activities (for instance in events that mark International Volunteer Day);
- Be acquainted with and build on traditional and/or local forms of volunteerism in the host country;
- Reflect on the type and quality of voluntary action that they are undertaking, including participation in ongoing reflection activities;
- Contribute articles/write-ups on field experiences and submit them for UNV publications/websites, newsletters, press releases, etc.;
- Assist with the UNV Buddy Programme for newly-arrived UN Volunteers;
- Promote or advise local groups in the use of online volunteering, or encourage relevant local individuals and organizations to use the UNV Online Volunteering service whenever technically possible.
Bachelor degree (to be verified) in public health, sociology, economy, demography, or related field with a strong knowledge of monitoring and evaluation, Masters Degree in these domains would be an asset;
Knowledge of Microsoft applications word, Publishers, PPT, excel and PowerPoint desirable;
Ability to use internet;
Excellent writing skills, good analytical skills, good organizational skills.
- Capacity for advocacy for population and development, Reproductive Health and gender issues
- Capacity to conduct programs based on government/districts priorities based on results
- Capacity of strategic thinking in logic of results chain
- Capacity in planning and programming
- Advanced user-level ICT skills
- Experience in working with multiple partners and a passion for bringing about change to improve human development
- English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
– Strong knowledge of Monitoring and Evaluation;
– Program management.
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup . Important: After creating your account, complete all sections
of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink.
Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile . Then go to ‘My Page’ at
https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
Application deadline : 03 January 2021