Director of Operations
Jobs at:Umwalimu SACCO
Deadline of this Job:
04 September 2020
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, August 21, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Umwalimu SACCO is looking for inspired innovators, highly motivated, result-driven, dynamic self-driven, and highly creative personalities to collaborate with Umwalimu SACCO in taking it to the next level of success. Are you ready to take on this role and be part of the transformation? Please pick any position that speak to you among the three ones or both if you met the qualification and send us the following: Signed motivation letter, a detailed CV in English proven by photocopies of academic degrees, professional certificate if any, proof of experience as shown in your CV, Copy of National Identity card showing the date of birth, three referees, and any relevant document. The application documents should be sent via emails at [email protected] All soft copies should be in PDF format and organized in one file. Put the job title you are applying for e.g. “Director of Finance” as the subject of the email. Applications will be accepted until September 4th, 2020 at 23h59min. Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. From time to time and as circumstances change within the organization; UMWALIMU SACCO may elect to accelerate, extend, or discontinue the selection process. As such Umwalimu SACCO reserve the right not to make an appointment at its sole discretion .
• Develop an operation’s strategic plan and provide clear direction on the business objectives.
• Develop and implement annual business plans identifying key objectives, targets, activities, priorities, and risks.
• Develop and implement a master plan for the establishment of modernized banking halls in strategic branches based on growth projections and Board approval and in line with the strategic direction of the institution.
• Review, develop, and implement an operations manual that governs all processes and procedures for effective management of banking operations. Ensure compliance with the relevant journal registers and controls for dual control.
• Assist customers on various platforms offered by the Cooperative, including but not limited to, online and mobile banking, online bill payment, remote and mobile deposit, and online transfers.
• Support members in the use of remote deposit and cash management services via UMURENGE SACCO
• Process, verify and approve transfers, and other transactions.
• Actively assist in the implementation of new processes and technologies that support the deposit activity of the Cooperative.
• Continuously review all processes within the department, identification of potential risks; review of controls to adequately and effectively address all risks, and ensure that audit and security requirements are met.
• Ensure all accounts are timely reconciled
• Safe custody of, cash, checkbooks, bills, securities and ensure they are properly insured
• Oversee the SACCO’s banking halls' physical security as well as the prevention of operational frauds.
• Overseeing the management of clients’ accounts to ensure their security at all times.
• Work with other employees to resolve customer requests and discrepancies related to deposit operations and handle any related complaint
• Verify and assure that all daily functions of the Operations Department are performed accurately and in a timely manner.
• Provide hands-on assistance, as needed, for all Operations functions.
• Supervise the preparation of complete statistical data for statutory returns to the Central Bank of Rwanda.
• Maintain knowledge of applicable regulations and requirements.
• Perform other related duties as assigned or requested.
• Ensure an environment of prudent credit approvals and compliance to approval limits as per the credit guidelines
• Review loan applications, ensuring adequate credit analysis and proper documentation
• Approval responsibility for all exceptional credit matters outside policy within the authorized limits
• Actively monitor the system to ensure branch and administrative support during loan processing and recovery process for a healthy portfolio growth and on-time recovery.
• Develop systems for timely and accurate capture of customer data and transactions and minimize risks and loses that might arise from business operations undertaken by the SACCO
• Fully understand clients’ needs as well as the business needs from a technical, risk control and operations perspective; and develop and monitor efficiency and accuracy standards,
• Efficient delivery of services to the customers in a cost-efficient manner through the development and establishment of systems, including the establishment of compliant Banking Halls in accordance with the Central Bank Regulations.
• Ensure the compliance of customer service delivery systems with laid down statutory requirements
• Guide, lead and manage staff Department in such a manner that promotes motivation, efficiency, mentoring them into leadership roles, and a high degree of discipline in all activities.
• Identify staff requirements, training gaps, changes, movements and make the necessary recommendations to the HR Department
• Regularly update the HR department on staffing and competency requirements and agree on annual staffing projections
• Facilitate and support team leaders and other staff keeping them focused on the Institution’s mission.
• Assist in responding to auditing and monitoring requests
• Provide direction and support clerical staff in the daily functions within the Operations department.
• Ensure that all staff in the department set annual performance targets in line with the SACCO’s business plan and avail continuous monitoring and feedback for performance-related decision making.
Operational and planning
• Develop policies and procedures that support the overall business strategy and ensure adequate communication.
• Continuously review processes and recommend changes that increase overall efficiency and effectiveness
• Overall responsibility in ensuring compliance with operational procedures in the Operations department, and full compliance to the SACCO Laws and the regulator’s standards
• Maintain an effective and efficient system of planning, administration, management, and financial reporting in the Operations Department.
• Develop the annual Department budget and ensure cost-effective use of company assets and promote a culture of waste reduction
• Manage the Operations budget for optimal utilization and effectiveness.
Networking and Liaison
• Provide inter-departmental linkages ensuring harmonious work relationships.
• Participate and contribute fully as a member of the senior management team and in various committees for the common good of the organization
• Select and manage external suppliers and service providers for security
• Represent the SACCO in the community;
• Build a network of external contacts in the Finance and Banking industries.
• Initiate and engage in all activities, conducive to the financial health, the growth prospects and the fulfillment of investment plans of the organization to the best ability and with the appropriate dedication of the time and efforts required.
Skills & knowledge
• Central Bank rules and regulations
• Specific knowledge of back-office deposit processing; Retail Branch and/or Cash Management experience also preferred.
• Knowledge in the use of new technologies as per Central Bank requirement (RIPPS, Cheque truncation, etc.)
• Thorough knowledge of all Banking Operations especially innovative Electronic Banking products;
• Data and Information Management
• Project Management
• Developing procedure manuals
• Business Process Mapping
• Demonstrate leadership abilities
• Motivated by professional rather than personal concern
• Persistent when faced with difficult problems or challenges
• Remain calm in a stressful situation
• Attention to Detail
• Ardent planner
• Problem Solving
• Balance competing priorities
Job Qualifications: Not Specified
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Signed motivation letter, a detailed CV in English proven by photocopies of academic degrees, professional certificate if any, proof of experience as shown in your CV, Copy of National Identity card showing the date of birth, three referees, and any relevant document. The application documents should be sent via emails at [email protected] All soft copies should be in PDF format and organized in one file. Put the job title you are applying for e.g. “Director of Finance” as the subject of the email.