Director, Health Management Information Systems
Hours: Full-time, Host-Country National (HCN)
Salary: Commensurate with required experience and qualifications
Reports to: Chief of Party
Hiring Status: Contingent upon award
Partners In Health (PIH) is an international health organization relentlessly committed to improving the health of the poor and marginalized. PIH partners with local governments to build local capacity and works closely with impoverished communities to deliver high-quality health care, address the root causes of illness, train providers, advance research, and advocate for global policy change.
PIH currently has implementation programs in Haiti, Rwanda, Lesotho, Liberia, Malawi, Peru, Mexico, Russia, Sierra Leone and Navajo Nation. Through our partnership with Harvard Medical School and the Brigham and Women’s Hospital, we support a wide range of programs in dozens of other countries around the world.
Role and Responsibilities:
PIH is currently seeking a qualified Director of Health Management Information Systems (HMIS) to provide technical leadership, oversight, and strategic direction for HMIS activities of the anticipated 5-year USAID-fundedRwanda Integrated Health Systems Activity (RIHSA).
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide overall leadership to all project-related medical informatics activities.
- Design and oversee the HMIS framework for the program, identifying cost-effective for systems of project activities.
- Conduct analysis of program data and identify methods to use the results for program improvement.
- Build capacity of the government departments of Rwanda in HMIS and improve utilization of at national and subnational levels.
- Establish and maintain systems to develop, enhance, and implement electronic data collection systems.
- Provide direction and oversight to the HMIS team of the project.
- Assist in the implementation by building strong relationships with clinical teams, understanding users and clinic flows, identifying gaps in user capacity and providing strategic vision.
- Work closely with the technical team to prepare, document and disseminate periodic reports of program results and disseminates results including by project reports, publications, summaries and special reports.
- Identify uses for data that improve care and generate data sets and analyses to support program evaluations and operational research to support clinical decision making activities
- Support research-related activities including: protocol development, Institutional Review Board applications, literature reviews, study design, data collection instruments, data entry, management and analysis, and preparation of abstracts, posters, oral presentations and publications
- A minimum of a master’s degree in Information Technology, Medical Informatics, Public Health, Monitoring & Evaluation, or a related field.
- At least 5 years of demonstrated experience with progressively increasing responsibility establishing/designing M&E systems and tools and managing data-intensive health programs.
- At least 5 years of experience with country-level programming in Health Systems Strengthening and/or Governance.
- Experience with qualitative and quantitative M&E data collection and analysis methods, including tracking outcome indicators.
- Demonstrated ability to obtain, analyze, organize, and interpret relevant data and use them to design or critique HSS or Governance programs.
- Experience in building capacity of teams and stakeholders to analyze and interpret relevant data to improve program implementation.
- Experience with collecting and analyzing HSS or Governance data for strategic policy and program planning purposes.
- Strong experience working in Rwanda.
- Must be a citizen of Rwanda.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and effectively communicate results and impact to a variety of audiences; strong experience in developing, implementing, and disseminating a learning agenda.
- Proven ability to work independently and with team members and partners at all levels.
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills and the ability to think and plan strategically.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in French and English, including evidence of quality report writing and presentations.
Please note: this position is contingent upon securing award.
Due to the large number of inquiries we receive, only candidates who have met the required experience & qualifications for this position will be contacted. No phone calls please. However, since we are active around the world in the field of public health, we may wish to retain your CV in our database for other/future opportunities, unless you direct us otherwise. Thank you very much for your interest.
Partners In Health is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How to ApplySubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here