Jobs at:Global Health Corps (GHC)
Deadline of this Job:
13 January 2021
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, December 09, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Paid Jobs for Youth: GHC Fellowship Opportunities
Global Health Corps (GHC)
Rwandan citizens are eligible to apply for positions in Rwanda
What is the Global Health Corps Fellowship?
Global Health Corps is a community of emerging leaders who believe that great ideas don’t change the world, great PEOPLE do! We provide opportunities for talented young professionals from diverse sectors and backgrounds to work in leading health-focused organizations in year-long, paid fellowship positions. The fellowship begins in July 2021 and extends through July 2022. Positions are available in nonprofit, government, and private sector organizations in Malawi, Rwanda, Uganda, and Zambia. Fellows engage in training, professional development, and thoughtful community-building, and continue to draw upon their fellowship experience and the GHC alumni network as they build careers of lasting impact.
Applicants apply to a specific position within a specific organization and in a specific country, just like applying for a job. Fellows are selected based on their ability to fit that job description and their fit with the GHC leadership practices. To learn more about the GHC leadership practices, visit: http://ghcorps.org/apply/
Fellows are placed in organizations in pairs– one international fellow and one local fellow from the placement country– creating a fellowship team that is a central part of the fellowship experience. .
The Design Fellow will have the opportunity to participate as a member of a team tackling unique design problems across the globe and should be interested in contributing to every component of the design process and operations of MASS Design Group. The Design Fellow will have the chance to contribute to a variety of challenging projects during the course of the fellowship alongside exciting partners that range from governmental institutions to international development agencies and small grassroots organizations. The role requires supporting experienced project managers and being involved in all project phases, including early stage research, schematic design, development of designs, and construction documentation and administration. The fellow will gain experience in thinking critically and applying new methods of health-centric thinking throughout the design and building process to help MASS improve lives through our buildings.
• Provide direct support to project managers and associates to meet design deliverables on schematic, design development, and construction documents
• Spend time on site immersions, preparing feasibility reports, production of documentation and/or quality assurance construction
• Work on local design competitions and RFP submissions
• Assist in the daily tasks of running the office, including operations and development
Skills and Experience
Items indicated with an asterisk (*) are required
• Bachelor’s degree in architecture, landscape architecture, or urban planning*
• A portfolio is required for this role. There will be a field to upload your portfolio as part of your application*
• Master’s degree in architecture
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills in an intercultural environment
• Experience with Adobe Suite, Revit, Lumion, and AutoCAD
• Interest in global health
• Humility and the ability to jump into a diverse and multi-disciplinary office culture
• Ability to travel throughout Africa and beyond for work, at times on short notice
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8