Credit Officer (Microfinance)
Deadline of this Job:
25 September 2020
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, August 26, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
BRAC is the world’s largest, and leading development organization dedicated to poverty alleviation and empowerment of the poor. Initiated in Bangladesh in 1972, BRAC now operates in 11 countries across Asia, Africa. To counter poverty and promote social empowerment, BRAC strategically integrates development programs in microfinance, agriculture, health, education, human rights and legal aid, community empowerment, and more.
BRAC Rwanda Microfinance Company PLC is registered with Rwanda Development Board in September 2018 and was approved license from National Bank of Rwanda to operate Microfinance and other financial services in Rwanda. BRAC Rwanda is looking for competent, dynamic, and self-motivated Rwandans to fill the following regular positions. .
Position: Credit Officer (Microfinance)
Job location: Any District
Gender: Only female candidates should apply.
Gross salary: Rwf 200,000. Other benefits will be as per organizational Policy.
Major Duties and Responsibilities of Credit Officer:
• Conduct household surveys using mobile app/Tab based application while opening a new branch. Identify potential clients based on survey results. Form group and provide orientation for the group members.
• Arrange the admission of new members if a group becomes too small. Conduct two to three group meetings per day.
• Provide financial education to group members as per organizational policy.
• Collect savings and weekly instalments from the small group leaders.
• Credit Officer will fill all loan data such as loan applications, guarantor form, DP Notes, etc. in a digital system.
• Credit Officer must attend the weekly/bi-weekly/monthly group meetings and should ensure recovery of loan installments.
• Prepare daily, weekly and monthly reports.
• Strive to provide the best quality service to the client and at the field and at the branch office.
• Listen to client’s complaints/concerns/opinions carefully and take appropriate measures
Job Skills: Not Specified
Knowledge, Skills & Competencies:
• Effective communication skills.
• Writing and reporting skills in English
Educational Qualifications: University Graduate in any discipline.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
If you feel you are the right match for the above-mentioned position, please follow the application instructions accordingly: Candidates need to send a signed Cover letter in PDF format indicating the title of position applied for, updated CV mentioning educational grades, years of experience, and notarized copies of academic qualifications. All those documents should be sent through email: [email protected] , Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be called for interview.