Country Program Manager – Health Financing
Jobs at:Fred Hollows Foundation
Deadline of this Job:
07 September 2020
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, August 20, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Before The Foundation began work in the Western Province of Rwanda in 2004, the only eye health service available in the region was a mobile service. It was limited in its capacity and could not meet demand. Since then, The Foundation has developed a sustained commitment to improving eye care in Rwanda. Since July 2019, our programs have focused on working in partnership with the Ministry of Health (MOH) to strengthen and improve the quality of eye care services in Rwanda. To do this our program is focused on working in partnership with the MOH to support the implementation of a Performance Based Financing (PBF) model for eye care services throughout Rwanda. .
Specific responsibilities include (not limited to)
• Provide direct management and technical direction to one or several components of the Health Financing projects in the Africa region.
• Serves as the primary spokesperson and representative for the organization in Rwanda and Burundi, and actively advocates for the organization, its beliefs, and its programmatic efforts.
• Provide strategic and operational leadership to the country team.
• Design and implement one or more of the project’s technical aspects.
• Manage and monitor technical aspects of the program, and advise the Country Program teams on technical, budgetary, and management aspects of implementation.
• Provide research, analysis, and consultation on project planning, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation.
• Collaborate with key partners (government, NGO, private sector, and donor partners); and Serve as subject matter expert.
• Ensure the effective management of the Country’s resources (financial, technical and operational) in order to achieve the Foundations strategic objectives.
Job Skills: Not Specified
About You! To be successful in this role, we are seeking someone with the following experience and skills.
• At least 8 years of relevant professional experience, preferably in a government or donor-supported project environment in Africa.
• Minimum of master’s degree in or the equivalent in relevant field.
• Technical expertise in one or more of the following areas of managing health financing related projects: results-based financing, or contract-based financing.
• Excellent partnership development and collaboration skills, including with ministries of health, private sector stakeholders, and other donors at both senior and technical levels.
• Experience in developing and/or implementing result-based financing models in Africa.
• Project management experience dealing with various elements of a projects that involve various team members across the world.
• Demonstrated teamwork skills and ability to produce high quality work in a timely manner.
• English language fluency and excellent written and spoken communication skills.
• Experience with a mix of practical technical skills necessary for strengthening health systems at the national, and community levels.
• Excellent knowledge of national/county/community-level issues impacting health systems.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, initiative and good judgment.
• Demonstrated capacity to build and maintain productive working relationships with a wide network of partners and stakeholders.
Something extra to get our attention!
• Ability to provide technical support to Country teams and partners on lobbying/advocacy for integration of eye health into health financing initiatives.
• Demonstrated experience in developing and expanding networks to strengthen public health financing for eye health.
• Ability to effectively represent The Foundation at relevant high-level working/technical forums at regional and global levels.
• Familiarity with the public sector’s mechanisms and policy/regulatory environment related to health financing in Africa.
• Experience implementing programs and projects under grants management processes and donor partners.
• Flexible work arrangements – We will consider requests for flexible working on hiring. For most roles, the following types of flexibility are usually possible: flexible hours, an element of working from home, compressed hours.
• Structured career development plans – Our performance and development framework enable you to work closely with your manager to plan, manage, and review your performance throughout the year.
• Leadership Development – We are committed to developing both our current and future leaders and offer a range of internal programs that have been designed to help you enhance your leadership skills
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Follow the link below to apply: https://career10.successfactors.com/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=565&company=thefredhol