Jobs at:Mace Group
Deadline of this Job:
18 November 2020
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, November 09, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Project: New build airport project on a greenfield site in excess of 2,500 hectares. The project consists of 110,000 sqm terminal to cater for 7 million passengers per year and includes cargo, catering, retail facilities, associated baggage systems and all infrastructure including roads and car parks. Additional buildings include police station, fire station, presidential suite and Duty Free.
To oversee all elements of the project to enable the project to be delivered to the agreed budget, time and quality standards.
To assist the project director in controlling and managing elements of the project to enable the project to be delivered to the agreed budget, time and quality standards required. .
Your responsibilities will include:
• Supporting in the development of project strategic programmes and monitor progress against.
• Helping on the overall on site safety management including recording issues on the SHE online.
• Supporting all on site quality control, coordination of benchmarks and liaison with the construction supervisors.
• Managing the site coordination including chairing the daily/weekly meetings with the contractor.
• Assisting in the day to day liaison with the neighbouring building owners and other relevant authorities.
• Reviewing the contractor method statements/risk assessments.
• Agreeing in short terms programmes with the contractor and ensuring full understanding of all the contractors’ scopes.
• Working with the project director to assess the contractors’ monthly applications for payment.
• Attending off site inspections as directed by the project director.
• Agreeing in final quality inspections with the construction supervisors.
• Providing input information to the electronic document management system and to other project control systems.
• Supporting the commercial manager/quantity surveyor with project information.
• Managing the project functions and report to the project director on all commercial aspects of the project.
• You are digitally savvy, can build lasting client relationships and lead strong, motivated teams. You will have a construction or project management background and be hungry to grow your career and enjoy the opportunities Mace have to offer.
Job Qualifications: Not Specified
Rewards and recognition
With Mace, you will deepen your knowledge and skills, work with inspiring colleagues, influential clients and get to see the world.
We invest in our people and provide a strong benefits package that includes a competitive salary, private medical insurance, 1 volunteer day a year and other location-specific allowances.
Apply now for a confidential discussion.
Mace is an international consultancy and construction company that has delivered world class projects since 1990. Today we employ over 6,000 people across five global hubs in Europe, Middle East and North Africa, Americas, Central Asia, India, Asia Pacific and Sub-Saharan Africa.
Four simple values guide our behaviour in our pursuit of a better way; Safety first – going home safe and well, Client focus – deliver on our promise, Create opportunity – for our people to excel, Integrity – always doing the right thing. We aim to attract the best and brightest people, whatever their background, to bring new perspectives to some of the most complex and inspiring projects around the world.
“Mace is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our people to excel.”
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
click here to apply