Construction Manager – Buildings
Jobs at:Mace Group
Deadline of this Job:
18 November 2020
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, November 09, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Project: New build airport project on a greenfield site in excess of 2,500 hectares. The project consists of 110,000 sqm terminal to cater for 7 million passengers per year and includes cargo, catering, retail facilities, associated baggage systems and all infrastructure including roads and car parks. Additional buildings include police station, fire station, presidential suite and Duty Free.
To oversee all elements of the project to enable the project to be delivered to the agreed budget, time and quality standards. .
Your responsibilities will include:
• Managing the construction delivery of the entire packages of this project.
• Giving direct onsite leadership and management of contractors.
• Providing onsite leadership for project team by building and motivating team members to meet project goals, adhering to their responsibilities and project milestones.
• Developing a high performing team that strives for quality, safety, cost and schedule improvements at every opportunity with all delivery partners.
• Managing, through and alongside the consultants, all aspects of HSQE.
• Providing status reporting regarding project milestones, deliverable, dependencies, risks and issues, communicating across leadership.
• Managing project scope and changes.
• Solving problems, managing temporary works, logistics and site-wide coordination.
• Delivering appropriate and effective executive level communication.
• You are digitally savvy, can build lasting client relationships and lead strong, motivated teams. You will have a construction or project management background and be hungry to grow your career and enjoy the opportunities Mace have to offer.
Job Qualifications: Not Specified
Rewards and recognition
With Mace, you will deepen your knowledge and skills, work with inspiring colleagues, influential clients and get to see the world.
We invest in our people and provide a strong benefits package that includes a competitive salary, private medical insurance, 1 volunteer day a year and other location-specific allowances.
Apply now for a confidential discussion.
Mace is an international consultancy and construction company that has delivered world class projects since 1990. Today we employ over 6,000 people across five global hubs in Europe, Middle East and North Africa, Americas, Central Asia, India, Asia Pacific and Sub-Saharan Africa.
Four simple values guide our behaviour in our pursuit of a better way; Safety first – going home safe and well, Client focus – deliver on our promise, Create opportunity – for our people to excel, Integrity – always doing the right thing. We aim to attract the best and brightest people, whatever their background, to bring new perspectives to some of the most complex and inspiring projects around the world.
“Mace is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our people to excel.”
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
click here to apply