About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. Our 7,000+ team is drawn from diverse backgrounds and professions. With operations across six core countries in Africa, we make farmers more prosperous by providing quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. On average, our farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
To learn more about our work, take a look at our Why Work Here blog for more information.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Reporting to the Compliance Team lead. The Compliance Officer verifies that all payments follow established guidelines. You will provide exceptional customer service as the internal representation of the finance team working with all departments on their payments. Your work will be aimed at increasing oversight in our payments process and driving consistency in standards among our countries.
- Review requests for payment against the compliance checklist list of country-specific criteria, including the relevant withholding taxes
- Confirm that all requests for payments are authorized by the designated approver following finance policy.
- Ensure that all approved requests for payments are supported with relevant documents
- Contact approvers or requesters to follow up on non-compliance or rejected payments.
- Build a solid trail of documentation to be used during periodic audits.
- Support on ad hoc department projects as designated by the Compliance Team Lead.
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for . For this role specifically, you will have:
- A University degree in Finance, Business administration, or other related fields
- 3+ years’ work experience in Finance or other related fields
- Language: English, French, with Kinyarwanda
- Ability to solve complex issues.
Preferred Start Date
As soon as possible
Health insurance, paid time off
Sponsor International Candidates
No ; Must have existing rights to work in Rwanda.
We hire on a rolling basis which means that applications are reviewed and processed on a continuous basis until a hire is made.
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @ oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here ( [email protected] ), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity, or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.