Job Opportunity: Compliance Manager
Why Choose IntraHealth
At IntraHealth, we are a global team of creative, committed humanitarians on a mission. We are advocates, technologists, health workers, and communicators. Program officers, finance experts, and technical leaders. We are passionate and diverse. And we’re united in our belief that everyone everywhere should have the health care they need to thrive. That’s why we work every day to improve the performance of health workers around the world and strengthen the systems in which they work.
For almost 40 years in over 100 countries, IntraHealth has partnered with local communities to make sure health workers are present where they’re needed most, ready to do the job, connected to the technology they need, and safe to do their very best work. Our programs are designed with a deep understanding of and appreciation for the context of human rights, gender equality and discrimination, economic empowerment, and changing populations. And the longstanding relationships we have built with government agencies, private-sector partners, and members of civil society make our efforts stronger and more effective. Join us and together we can make lasting changes in global health—for all of us.
The USAID Ingobyi Activity is a five-year cooperative agreement to improve the quality of reproductive, Maternal, newborn and child health (RMNCH) and malaria services, in a sustainable manner with the goal of reducing neonatal, child and maternal mortality in Rwanda. The Ingobyi Activity builds upon the tremendous gains Rwanda has made in the health sector as well as previous USAID investments in the health sector to provide a healthier, more productive future for all Rwandans. Ingobyi works to improve the availability, quality and utilization of RMNCH and malaria services with resilience and sustainability.
SUMMARY OF ROLE
Reporting to the Chief of Party, the Compliance Manager will provide technical support to ensure that the operations of Ingobyi Activity are ethical, in compliance with donors’ regulations, statutory requirements and internal policies and procedures. S/he will ensure the effectiveness of internal controls and compliance with agency and donor regulations by developing, initiating, maintaining, and revising policies and procedures to ensure general compliance and to prevent illegal, unethical, or improper conduct. This includes reviewing and monitoring of IntraHealth and partner financial transactions quarterly, and constant monitoring of project contracts and grants. S/he will lead and coordinate systems improvement initiatives and timely corrective actions and oversee implementation of adequate internal control procedures for effective stewardship and management of resources.
- Identify potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk, developing and implementing corrective action plans for resolution of problematic issues and providing general guidance on how to avoid or deal with similar situations in the future.
- Ensure that all Ingobyi activities are in line with contractual obligations and in agreement with USAID rules and regulations and maintain a compliance dashboard for the Ingobyi Activity Project
- Develop and maintain a central electronic repository for Ingobyi Activity and IntraHealth ‘s compliance and code of conduct for compliance policies and procedures. Maintain records of compliance activities, including any complaints or investigations.
- Analyze high risk and complex issues and provide practical and appropriate advice, including escalating to the appropriate senior levels or forums and recommending methods to proactively manage those risks.
- Keep abreast of regulatory developments within and outside of the company as well as evolving best practices in compliance control.
- Perform audits, internal control reviews and compliance assessment activities for the Ingobyi Activity and sub-awardees.
- Analyze findings of the internal audits, present these and corrective recommendations to address identified control gaps to the COP and the Ingobyi Activity leadership.
Contracts and grants compliance
Continually review whether the contracts and grants management activities are in compliance with the key controls contained in IntraHealth’s grant management guidelines and with USAID rules and regulations.
- Develop compliance organizational strategies and tools by contributing information, analysis, and recommendations to strategic thinking and direction; establishing functional objectives in line with organizational objectives.
- Ensure that the organization establishes and maintains an effective, best practices compliance and ethics program, to prevent and detect violations of law and other misconduct, and to promote ethical practices and a commitment to compliance with the law as well as with internal and external policies.
- Work with senior management to broaden understanding of strategic and operational compliance measures relevant to the Ingobyi Activity.
Planning and organizing
- Plan for implementation and maintenance of compliance activities.
- Prepare long-term plans of compliance, including implementing strategies and procedures that prevent illegal, unethical or improper conduct.
- Maintain and update draft compliance policies and provide guidance and answer queries thereof.
- Disseminate written policies and procedures related to compliance activities.
- Develop, update and apply a standard compliance checklist.
- Research and remain abreast of legislative issues, new compliance regulations /major donors’ regulations and audit methodology.
- Support good corporate governance and risk management including but not limited to anti-bribery and corruption, code of conduct and conflicts of interest.
- Engage with internal and external auditors on relevant risk and compliance matters and mitigation plans.
- Assist with the implementation and monitoring of recommendations from Internal and external audits.
- Serve as a confidential point of contact for employees to communicate with management, seek clarification on issues or dilemmas or report irregularities.
Reporting and information management
- Produce periodic standard and ad hoc reports.
- Prepare management reports regarding compliance operations and progress.
- Prepare and submit reports to the Ingobyi and the senior management team as well as the Finance and Compliance Departments at Chapel Hill.
- Maintain necessary records and files to assure efficient and consistent reporting of compliance efforts across the project.
- Maintain documentation of compliance activities, such as complaints received or investigation outcomes.
Education and knowledge
- Master’s degree in Accountancy or Business management or related field
- Certified with relevant professional body; ACCA, CPA, CIA or compliance certification is an added advantage
- At least 5 years in compliance and risk management establishing and maintaining effective working relationship
- Ability to operate comfortably within a complex cultural and global environment
- Previous work experience with a USAID supported project will be an added advantage
- Ability to review and analyze financial records, financial reports and statements
- Ability to think both tactically and strategically
- Ability to multi-task effortlessly and manage competing priorities under demanding deadlines
- Possess sound judgment, flexibility and agility in changing courses and solving problems swiftly
Managing Performance: Ability to plan and design practices, processes and procedures that allow for effective management of people, resources and processes to optimize overall organizational performance. Managing for performance includes the ability to delegate and encourage growth and leadership across the team(s) as part of maximizing performance and productivity.
Strategic Thinking: Applies organizational knowledge to identify and maintain focus on key success factors for IntraHealth while recognizing, anticipating and resolving organizational challenges. Ability to develop organization- and industry-specific expertise and apply sound decision-making processes to reach productive resolutions that translates strategy into actionable business plans.
Effective Communication (Oral & Written) : Understands effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, explain complex technical concepts in simple, clear language appropriate to the audience; and receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors
Risk Management : Knowledge of processes, tools and techniques for assessing and controlling the organization’s exposure to risks of various kinds; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Innovation : Develops new, better or significantly different ideas, methods, solutions or initiatives within assigned role that result in improvement of IntraHealth’ s performance and meeting objectives, results and global commitments.
Accountability: Holds self and others accountable for all work activities, research and personal actions and decisions; follows through on commitments and focuses on those activities that have the greatest impact on meeting measurable high-quality results for IntraHealth’ s success. Exercises ethical practices, respectful words and behaviors, and equitable treatment of others in all activities.
Summary of Benefits
IntraHealth International, Inc. is a great place to work and prides itself on its comprehensive benefits package. We offer competitive salaries and a dynamic inclusive work environment which supports health workers so they can improve the lives of people throughout the world.
IntraHealth International is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law, and requires affirmative action to ensure equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. This is also to include inquiry about, disclosing, or discussing their compensation or the compensation of other applicants or employees.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 30th April, 2021.