Community Health Technical Advisor
Deadline of this Job:
18 October 2020
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, October 13, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
For almost 40 years in over 100 countries, IntraHealth has partnered with local communities to make sure health workers are present where they’re needed most, ready to do the job, connected to the technology they need, and safe to do their very best work. Our programs are designed with a deep understanding of and appreciation for the context of human rights, gender equality and discrimination, economic empowerment, and changing populations. And the longstanding relationships we’ve built with government agencies, private-sector partners, and members of civil society make our efforts stronger and more effective. Join us and together we can make lasting changes in global health—for all of us. The Ingobyi Activity is a five-year cooperative agreement to improve the quality of reproductive, maternal, newborn, and child health (RMNCH) and malaria services, in a sustainable manner with the goal of reducing neonatal, child and maternal mortality in Rwanda. The Ingobyi Activity builds upon the tremendous gains Rwanda has made in the health sector as well as previous USAID investments in the health sector to provide a healthier, more productive future for all Rwandans. Ingobyi improves the availability, quality, and utilization of RMNCH and malaria services with resilience and sustainability. The Activity partners with the Government of Rwanda (GOR) to build on the country’s considerable achievements, guided by national health strategies, goals, objectives, and data. .
Summary of role
IntraHealth seeks a Community Health Technical Advisor to be seconded to the MOH/RBC, Maternal, Child, and Community Health (MCCH) Division in Kigali. Reporting the MCCH Division Head and the Sr. Malaria Specialist / IHI – Ingobyi Activity, the Community Health Technical Advisor will provide technical support to MCCH Division in the implementation of community health services to ensure that the program achieves its goal of increasing coverage and utilization of high impact low cost maternal, newborn and child health interventions.
The Community Health Technical Advisor will be responsible for the following functions:
• In collaboration with MOH/RBC/MCCH Division staff, review, develop prepare, and support implementation of multitasks competence-based training for community health workers.
• Participate in operations research and monitoring and evaluation of activities conducted by the community health unit.
• Seeking out and using available data to inform strategic and implementation decisions.
• Seek out innovative approaches to address the community health challenges faced in Rwanda and share all new information and insights with the community health program.
• Represent USAID Ingobyi Activity at the Ministry of Health and other MNCH technical meetings related to areas of responsibility and alert supervisors and program management about any upcoming meetings of importance to the program.
• Support the Rwanda Ministry of Health/RBC/MCCH Division to implement verbal autopsy approaches and to monitor implementation of recommendations made by audit committees
• Support MOH/RBC/MCCH Division in the development, review, and adaptation of community health tools.
• Support MOH/RBC/MCCH Division in rolling out the digitalization system for community health program
• Support MOH/RBC/MCCH Division in planning and conducting supportive supervision for community health program
• Support MOH/RBC/MCCH Division in conduct analysis and produce reports on community health programs.
• Participate in evaluations of community health programs and to follow the implementation of recommendations from those evaluations.
• Participate in key Ingobyi Activity planning and review meetings, as well as monitoring and evaluation activities; and
• Perform other relevant duties as directed by the supervisor
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Masters’ s Degree in Community Health / or other related field
• Strong record of experience in working with Community Health program and good knowledge of Rwanda community health program or monitoring and evaluation of community health interventions
• At least 8 years of professional experience in designing, planning, implementing, and monitoring of facility and community-based programs
• Sound understanding of current policy developments and evidence base related to community health
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft office programs including MS Excel, MS Word, and MS PowerPoint.
• Strong skills in teamwork and networking.
• Excellent communication skills (written and oral) in English, French, and Kinyarwanda.
• Solid skills in documentation and report writing.
• Ability to travel nationally frequently.
Managing Performance: Ability to plan and design practices, processes, and procedures that allow for effective management of people, resources, and processes to optimize overall organizational performance. Managing for performance includes the ability to delegate and encourage growth and leadership across the team(s) as part of maximizing performance and productivity.
Strategic Thinking: Applies organizational knowledge to identify and maintain focus on key success factors for IntraHealth while recognizing, anticipating, and resolving organizational challenges. Ability to develop organization- and industry-specific expertise and apply sound decision-making processes to reach productive resolutions that translates strategy into actionable business plans.
Effective Communication (Oral & Written): Understands effective communication concepts, tools, and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, explain complex technical concepts in simple, clear language appropriate to the audience; and receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors
Risk Management: Knowledge of processes, tools, and techniques for assessing and controlling the organization’s exposure to risks of various kinds; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Innovation: Develops new, better, or significantly different ideas, methods, solutions, or initiatives within assigned role that result in improvement of IntraHealth’ s performance and meeting objectives, results, and global commitments.
Accountability: Holds self and others accountable for all work activities, research, and personal actions and decisions; follows through on commitments and focuses on those activities that have the greatest impact on meeting measurable high-quality results for IntraHealth’ s success. Exercises ethical practices, respectful words and behaviors, and equitable treatment of others in all activities.
Service Excellence: Knowledge of and ability to put into action customer service concepts, processes, and techniques to access internal and/or external client needs and expectations and meet or exceed those needs and expectations through providing excellent service directly or indirectly
Summary of Benefits
IntraHealth International, Inc. is a great place to work and prides itself on its comprehensive benefits package. We offer competitive salaries and a dynamic inclusive work environment which supports health workers so they can improve the lives of people throughout the world.
IntraHealth International is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law, and requires affirmative action to ensure equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. This is also to include inquiry about, disclosing, or discussing their compensation or the compensation of other applicants or employees.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : https://recruiting.ultipro.com/INT1028/JobBoard/e2116091-25aa-2eb8-64d2-db11ee75b469/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=5fd370cd-c608-429c-857c-e734f29a6c85