Jobs at:Save the children
Deadline of this Job:
09 November 2020
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, November 05, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
• No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
• All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
• Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued .
About the Role:
The role of the communications officer is to support the communications team in delivering the communications and media work plans. The post-holder will help with administrative and logistics duties of the communications team, Video production and editing, photography and graphic design, support with content gathering in the field, report writing, translations as well as donor/media field visits and event management.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal job description and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
Qualifications and experience
• Bachelor's degree in communications or journalism; Radio/TV, Film, Fine Arts or related area AND one-year experience operating video cameras and editing equipment; OR, five years’ experience operating video cameras and editing equipment; OR, any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
• Excellent written and spoken Kinyarwanda and English languages;
• Excellent communications and relationship building skills with children in order to gather good case studies and other related content;
• Familiarity with digital and social media;
• An initiative-taking, proactive, inspiring attitude with the ability to manage and prioritise an unpredictable workload and solve problems quickly with minimum support;
• Able to work in the field anytime as required;
• Excellent IT skills, especially in Microsoft Office and digital editing software;
• Experience in CMS (Content Management System), preferably Drupal.
• Ability to shoot quality videos and video editing as well shows great photography skills;
• Ability to use Adobe software preferably Photoshop, Premiere, After Effect, InDesign and illustrator;
• Familiarity with off-set and digital printing and graphic designing skills with great attention to detail
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Knowledge of field production techniques and standards
• Ability to capture snippets of film and be able to edit it into a cohesive story
• Enough patience to wait for the perfect shot
• Passion—they have to be all about getting the shot
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
To apply please click here https://rwanda.savethechildren.net/careers/details?jid=54608