YLabs is a leading global design and research organization working to improve health and economic opportunity for young people 10–24 years old. Founded in 2016 at the Harvard Innovation Lab, YLabs has worked in Sub Saharan Africa, South Asia, and Central America in partnership with young people to design health programming to address key challenges in sexual reproductive health, HIV/AIDS, and mental health. Find out more about our projects here: https://www.ylabsglobal.org/work
Our team of physicians, designers, economists, developers, public health professionals, and educators bring a unique mix of human-centered design, adolescent health, economic and health outcome evaluation, behavioral science, and implementation know-how to the global problems facing youth.
We have offices in the US and Rwanda, and are currently supporting our teams to work remotely during COVID-19.
YLabs is seeking a Communications Design contractor to play a key role in one of our current youth-centered design projects. You will work at the cutting edge of design and innovation with a multidisciplinary team to refine marketing, training and implementation materials for programs that improve young people’s lives in sub-Saharan Africa.
This is a 2 month, remote, deliverables based position, with a possibility to extend the contract and/or transition to a full-time contractor role. We anticipate this will be a 2-3 day/week position.
? Visual design of marketing materials to match our brand guidelines.
? Visual design of training materials, presentation slide decks, and implementation guidebook following an already established brand guideline.
While this is a deliverables based position, we anticipate that these activities will require 2 – 3 days per week of work.
- ASAP – December 15: 3 days/week
- January 1 – January 15: 2 days/week
This is a fixed rate contract from ASAP to 15 January. The pay range for this position is $185 – $250 USD per day, commensurate with experience. The contract will be a fixed rate with a total to be determined based on start date. Pay is inclusive of Rwanda’s 15% withholding tax for all contractors.
- Excellent at layout design for text heavy reports
- Comfortable carrying out already established brand guidelines for various print materials such as handbooks, presentations and marketing materials
- Great at typography hierarchy, layout design, experience in creating promotional materials, with strong print experience
- A superstar at visual storytelling
- Able to work in a fast-paced, start-up environment and comfortable with ambiguity
- Passionate about social impact, global health, and young people
- A proactive problem solver with effective time-management and strong attention to detail
- Three years + of experience in communications design, visual design, or graphic design
- Expertise in graphic design, typography, print, layout, motion, or illustration
- An understanding of visual and communication design principles
- Strong command of Adobe Suite: Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign
– Experience working in Rwanda and/or East Africa broadly; proficient Kinyarwanda
– Eligibility to work in Rwanda
– A capable illustrator
– Experience with visual web design
To apply, send a resume, cover letter and a link or PDF of your portfolio to [email protected] with the subject line “Communications Designer – Rwanda”. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. All YLabs offers of employment are conditional on satisfactory background check and criminal record clearances.
ABOUT YLABS’ COMPENSATION
YLabs adheres to Project Fair’s principles and standards to establish equity in pay with the overriding principle of “equal pay for work of equal value” outlined in the Sustainable Development Goals. All salary ranges are based on level within the organization and are competitive to regional and national salary benchmarks, based on the respective office location.