Communications Coordinator - East Africa
Jobs at:Youth Development Labs
Deadline of this Job:
28 April 2021
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, April 21, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
YLabs is a leading global design and research organization working to improve health and economic opportunity for young people 10–24 years old. Founded in 2016 at the Harvard Innovation Lab, YLabs has worked in Sub Saharan Africa, South Asia, and Central America in partnership with young people to design health programming to address key challenges in sexual reproductive health, HIV/AIDS, and mental health. Find out more about our projects here: https://www.ylabsglobal.org/work team of physicians, designers, economists, developers, public health professionals, and educators bring a unique mix of human-centered design, adolescent health, economic and health outcome evaluation, behavioral science, and implementation know-how to the global problems facing youth.
We have o?ces in the US and Rwanda, but are currently supporting our teams to work remotely during COVID-19. This position could be remote or based out of our Rwanda o?ce. .
We are looking for a strong writer who is passionate about sharing our work with the world. At YLabs, our Marketing and Communications [MarComms] team acts as a microphone - sometimes that means we hold the mic up to our team so they can share their research ?ndings, sometimes that means we pass the mic to our youth designers or study participants so that they can tell their own story. We are active on social media, we publish blog posts, we send press releases, and we present our work on the global stage - and we need someone to join our growing team and get it all done!
This is a full-time, ?xed term, 6 month position, with a possibility of extension. You must be legally authorized to work within the East African Community.
About Ylabs’ Compensation
YLabs adheres to Project Fair’s principles and standards to establish equity in pay with the overriding principle of “equal pay for work of equal value” outlined in the Sustainable Development Goals. All salary ranges are based on level within the organization and are competitive to regional and national salary benchmarks, based on the respective o?ce location.
The pay range for this position is a ?at rate of RWF979,167 - RWF1,067,708 gross per month, commensurate with experience.
• You will develop, write, and manage multiple communication channels including social media posts, print materials, quarterly newsletters, blogs, external articles, and press releases
• Hone your skills for listening with a storyteller’s ear for themes that resonate with our team’s larger strategic goals
• Build relationships and trust with the YLabs sta?, our partners, participants, and community in order to co-create
• An obsession with storytelling for impact
• Experience with Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter and TikTok
• working with diverse coalitions and multidisciplinary teams
• An attention to detail. Whether you’re transcribing an interview or scheduling social content, you are a safe pair of hands
• A background in journalism, creative writing, communications, design, public health, PR or marketing
• We work with Google Suite, Trello, and Slack to stay connected across continents. If you haven’t used these technologies, we will train you
• A passion for youth engagement, global health, or design
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
To apply, send a resume, cover letter and link to your portfolio to [email protected] with the subject line: Communications Coordinator - East Africa. All your information will be kept con?dential according to EEO guidelines.
This posting will be open from April 19 to May 19 .Once the application period closes, all applications will be reviewed by our Hiring Committee. YLabs recognizes the e?ort that goes into submitting an application; all candidates will be noti?ed of their application status once the hiring process begins.