Communications and Media Relations Coordinator
Jobs at:Global Health Corps (GHC)
Deadline of this Job:
13 January 2021
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, December 09, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Paid Jobs for Youth: GHC Fellowship Opportunities
Global Health Corps (GHC)
Rwandan citizens are eligible to apply for positions in Rwanda
What is the Global Health Corps Fellowship?
Global Health Corps is a community of emerging leaders who believe that great ideas don’t change the world, great PEOPLE do! We provide opportunities for talented young professionals from diverse sectors and backgrounds to work in leading health-focused organizations in year-long, paid fellowship positions. The fellowship begins in July 2021 and extends through July 2022. Positions are available in nonprofit, government, and private sector organizations in Malawi, Rwanda, Uganda, and Zambia. Fellows engage in training, professional development, and thoughtful community-building, and continue to draw upon their fellowship experience and the GHC alumni network as they build careers of lasting impact.
Applicants apply to a specific position within a specific organization and in a specific country, just like applying for a job. Fellows are selected based on their ability to fit that job description and their fit with the GHC leadership practices. To learn more about the GHC leadership practices, visit: http://ghcorps.org/apply/
Fellows are placed in organizations in pairs– one international fellow and one local fellow from the placement country– creating a fellowship team that is a central part of the fellowship experience. .
The Communications and Media Relations Coordinator will support the University of Global Health Equity (UGHE) Communications Manager in developing, implementing, and directing an effective and strategic communications and external relations program to increase public awareness and engagement with the mission, vision, and values of UGHE.
Job Skills: Not Specified
Skills and Experience
Items indicated with an asterisk (*) are required
• Excellent writing and editing skills with experience producing documents for external audiences, such as news releases, feature articles, blogs, or academic research*
• Experience managing an organization’s digital presence, including social media accounts*
• Experience working with media contacts/journalists, including writing press releases and setting up interviews*
• Experience managing relationships with external stakeholders, e.g. government officials, the media, and/or donors *
• Willing to learn new tools and platforms, highly attentive to detail*
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8