Communications and Media Relations Coordinator
Jobs at:Global Health Corps (GHC)
Deadline of this Job:
13 January 2021
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, January 04, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Paid Jobs for Youth: GHC Fellowship Opportunities
Rwandan citizens are eligible to apply for positions in Rwanda
What is the Global Health Corps Fellowship?
Global Health Corps is a community of emerging leaders who believe that great ideas don’t change the world, great PEOPLE do! We provide opportunities for talented young professionals from diverse sectors and backgrounds to work in leading health-focused organizations in year-long, paid fellowship positions. The fellowship begins in July 2021 and extends through July 2022. Positions are available in nonprofit, government, and private sector organizations in Malawi, Rwanda, Uganda, and Zambia. Fellows engage in training, professional development, and thoughtful community-building, and continue to draw upon their fellowship experience and the GHC alumni network as they build careers of lasting impact.
Applicants apply to a specific position within a specific organization and in a specific country, just like applying for a job. Fellows are selected based on their ability to fit that job description and their fit with the GHC leadership practices. To learn more about the GHC leadership practices, visit: http://ghcorps.org/apply/
Fellows are placed in organizations in pairs– one international fellow and one local fellow from the placement country– creating a fellowship team that is a central part of the fellowship experience.
What Benefits do fellows receive?
• Monthly living stipend ($650)
• Utilities stipend
• Health insurance
• A professional development grant of $600
• A completion award of $1500
• An advising program that pairs each fellow with an advisor in his/her area of work or interest
• A two-week Training Institute to begin the fellowship
• A five-day Midyear retreat in Southern Africa
• A five-day End-of-Year retreat in East Africa to finish the fellowship
• Three multi-day trainings during the year
• Travel to and from placement site, all trainings, and retreats
• Professional development and personal support from a dedicated in-country manager
• Personal development and accompaniment program
IS A BACKGROUND IN GLOBAL HEALTH OR DEVELOPMENT REQUIRED?
Not at all! GHC is building a community of leaders with diverse skillsets and backgrounds. Experience in global health or development is NOT required.
What do GHC alumni do after the fellowship?
• 95% work in global health and social justice
• 83% are in mid-level or senior leadership roles
• 85% of African alumni continue to work on the African continent
• 64% work closely with other alumni beyond the fellowship year
• 20% are founders.
What have fellows said about their GHC experience? “”
“The GHC community is so important to me. It’s people who are linked together by social ties, share a common goal, and work together to improve quality of life.” – Dorothy Mkwezalamba, 2014-2015 fellow.
“I struggled to find my place. I decided to become a GHC fellow and then it became very clear that I needed to get back to my first love, which is working in HIV from the public health angle.” – Mwiche Siame, 2012-2013 fellow.
“GHC leaves me with the desire to stay in public health, fight for social justice, and thrive to make health a global human right.” — Aime Nshizirungu, 2014-2015 GHC fellow. .
• Provide strategic cross-cutting communications support for all UGHE academic and non-academic programs and departments
• Measure and optimize UGHE's digital and offline exposure through the development of content reports and trackers and by conducting analysis and soliciting feedback from internal and external stakeholders
• Build a trusted editorial base of target media contacts to increase the probability of UGHE op-ed placements around relevant global health trends and challenges
• Write and edit various publications, including news releases, feature articles, news stories, and academic research, which highlight the goals, objectives, policies, programs, activities, and accomplishments of UGHE
• Facilitate department branding and design needs of all printed and digital materials, including social graphics, flyers, event promotional materials, and website design management
Website and multimedia
• Support the planning and delivery of a website refresh, including content writing, asset supply and project management of a designer/developer team
• Help develop a robust library of UGHE video and image assets that appeal to multiple audiences
• Gather, package, and schedule social media content in sync with a larger planning calendar and editorial priorities
• Boost UGHE’s local and international credibility by identifying platforms to tell first person stories and testimonials from leaders and learners who have experienced UGHE’s unique offering first-hand
• Promote UGHE international speaking engagements
Skills and Experience
Items indicated with an asterisk (*) are required
• Excellent writing and editing skills with experience producing documents for external audiences, such as news releases, feature articles, blogs, or academic research*
• Experience managing an organization’s digital presence, including social media accounts*
• Experience working with media contacts/journalists, including writing press releases and setting up interviews*
• Experience managing relationships with external stakeholders, e.g. government officials, the media, and/or donors *
• Willing to learn new tools and platforms, highly attentive to detail*
• Strong demonstrated commitment to advancing equity and social justice*
• Experience in Adobe Creative Suite (e.g. Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign), WordPress (or other web builders), and/or email marketing tools
• Experience working at or with academic institutions
• Experience with knowledge management
• Demonstrated project management skills with the ability to ensure internal and external collaborators achieve a time-bound goal or project
• Previous experience in a communications position, with storytelling experience
• Excellent communication which demonstrates an ability to articulate UGHE’s and PIH’s missions and program objectives persuasively
• Demonstrates good judgement
• Interest in health equity and interest in a career in global health
• Willingness to work nights and weekends
• Flexible, results-oriented, and able to work in a project-driven environment
Job Qualifications: Not Specified
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
For a full job, list check on https://ghcorps.org/fellows/apply-to-be-a-fellow/fellowship-position/
To apply go to http://ghcorps.org/apply/
Applications close: January 13, 2021
FOR MORE QUESTIONS,
Contact [email protected]