Communication and Outreach Officer
Jobs at:Pact Rwanda
Deadline of this Job:
11 November 2020
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, October 30, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
At the heart of Pact is the promise of a better tomorrow. A nonprofit international development organization founded in 1971, Pact works on the ground in nearly 40 countries to improve the lives of those who are challenged by poverty and marginalization. We serve these communities because we envision a world where everyone owns their future. To do this, we build systemic solutions in partnership with local organizations, businesses, and governments that create sustainable and resilient communities where those we serve are heard, capable, and vibrant. Pact is a recognized global leader in international development. Our staff have a range of expertise in areas including public health, capacity development, governance, and civil society, natural resource management, poverty, fragile states, monitoring and evaluation, small-scale and artisanal mining, microfinance, and more. This expertise is combined in Pact’s unique integrated approach, which focuses on systemic changes needed to improve people’s lives. .
ACHIEVE is a five-year, USAID-funded global cooperative agreement with the dual objectives of attaining and sustaining HIV epidemic control among at-risk and hard to reach pregnant and breastfeeding (PBF) women, infants, children, and youth, as well as to mitigate the impact of HIV/ AIDS and prevent HIV transmission among these populations; and supporting the transition of prime funding and implementation to capable local partners in order to meet the PEPFAR goal of 70% of funding to local partners.
The aim of ACHIEVE Rwanda is to prevent new HIV infections and reduce vulnerability among orphans and vulnerable children (OVC), and adolescent girls and young women (AGYW) in selected high burden districts in Rwanda. The strategic objectives support the Government of Rwanda strategies and priorities for HIV mitigation and prevention, with an emphasis on minimizing negative impacts of HIV on OVC and AGYW; addressing social, behavioral, and structural drivers of HIV, and improving access to comprehensive SRH and violence response services to prevent new infections. The project supports OVC services in two districts and DREAMS activities in two districts. The project also provides capacity development to two local implementing partners to coordinate and support OVC and DREAMS service delivery programming and for USAID and PEPFAR project implementation.
Pact seeks a Communications and Outreach Officer for the ACHIEVE Rwanda program. The Communications and Outreach Officer will oversee all communications and outreach functions for the ACHIEVE Rwanda project. This role leads and advises program teams on broad communication strategies, as well as specific communication opportunities, and assists the program to generate creative, appealing and useful content that can be disseminated through multiple communication channels – including print, online, and video. The Officer also produces and edits key communications materials and works to strengthen the communication and networking capacity of
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Develop and manage the implementation the project’s communication & outreach strategy and work plan.
• Support the development and implementation of internal and external communications strategies, actions plan of business development for the organization.
• In collaboration with the Program team and local implementing partners, assist in identifying and drafting success stories and compiling lessons learnt, and program briefs
• In collaboration with the Technical Team and MEL Team, develop regular communication materials highlighting ACHIEVE activities, achievements, and engagements.
• Support the senior management to expand and deepen collaboration with a wide range of stakeholders – including the private sector to facilitate partnerships and sharing of key information.
• Establish and expand outreach to new partners to advocate for additional contribution to the project’s services to the beneficiaries and communities served.
• Identify communication opportunities and support technical teams to develop, package, and link program messages and publications to support consistent and mutually reinforcing messaging and materials.
• Build relationships to support information sharing through diverse communication channels including internal knowledge management systems and those external to the program
• Ensure all program publications are branded and disseminated according to the approved branding and marking strategy.
• Updating and maintaining online platforms, support design of content including graphic designs for digital distribution.
• Develop and disseminate quarterly bulletin to showcase the ACHIEVE project’s progressive achievements with its stakeholders
• Lead community outreach initiatives for awareness raising through development and use of social and behavior change materials to support OVC and DREAMS interventions,
• Collaborate with the ICT Officer and MEL Director to coordinate the management of website and other social media channels, including periodic updating as may be necessary to improve its appearance and quality content.
• Act as an information hub to HQ by providing them the required information to use in global communication channels.
• Organize constant orientation of staff on ACHIEVE branding and disseminate all communication resources
• Plan and execute project events for the organization and ensure PACT/ACHIEVE’s participation is recognized and in line with global branding and marking plan
• Engage with ACHIEVE project team and other members of the consortium, including Population Media Council (PMC) in the development and broadcast of Storyline Plotting and Epilogue and other behavior change messages to achieve project objectives
• Any other duties as assigned by supervisor
Applicants for this position must demonstrate capacity to deliver results, and a strong commitment to professional ethics and integrity. In addition, they must meet the following requirements:
A Bachelor’s degree in communications and social marketing or Master’s degree in community development, health and related disciplines.
• A minimum of 4 years’ experience in strategic communications or public
• Superior written and verbal communication skills
• Capacity to engage with private sector and public institutions to leverage resources to support project achieve its objectives
• Experience developing quality publications about complex technical issues, preferably
in the fields related to the program.
• Strong knowledge of communication practices and techniques
• Photography skills an added advantage.
• Proven conceptual, analytical, research and project management skills.
Superior computer skills with advanced knowledge of computer applications and net technologies.
Fluency in oral and written English and Kinyarwanda.
Pact is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
All interested applicants should send the motivation letter and CV through the following e-mail address: [email protected] not later than November 11th, 2020 at 5h00 pm Rwanda time, mentioning the position title as the subject of the e-mail.