Jobs at:Good Neighbors International-Rwanda
Deadline of this Job:
07 September 2020
Within Rwanda , Karongi , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, September 01, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Good Neighbors International (GNI) is an international humanitarian and developmental organization in General Consultative Status with UN ECOSOCO operating in 40 countries around the world. GNI in Rwanda (a.k.a. GNR) has endeavored to improve child sponsorship and protection, health, education, WASH, agriculture & livelihood, humanitarian assistance, advocacy, and social economy in 4 districts (Gasabo, Kamony, Gisagara, and Nyamagabe) since 1994. We would like to recruit different staff with the following positions: .
Tasks and Responsibilities
• Analyze survey reports, maps, drawings, blueprints, aerial photography, and other topographical or geologic data to plan projects.
• Plan and design transportation or hydraulic systems and structures, following construction and government standards, using design software and drawing tools.
• Compute load and grade requirements, water flow rates, and material stress factors to determine design specifications.
• Forecast design and construction time frames
• Authorizing technical drawings and engineering plans
• Inspect project sites to monitor progress and ensure conformance to design specifications and safety or sanitation standards.
• Direct construction, operations, and maintenance activities at the project site.
• Direct or participate in surveying to lay out installations and establish reference points, grades, and elevations to guide construction.
• Estimate quantities and cost of materials, equipment, or labor to determine project feasibility.
• Prepare or present public reports, such as bid proposals, deeds, environmental impact statements, and property and right-of-way descriptions.
• Test soils and materials to determine the adequacy and strength of foundations, concrete, asphalt, or steel.
• Provide technical advice regarding design, construction, or program modifications and structural repairs to managerial personnel.
• Conduct studies of traffic patterns or environmental conditions to identify engineering problems and assess the potential impact of projects.
• Liaise with any consultants, contractors, supervisors, planners, quantity surveyors and the general workforce involved in the project
• Liaise with the local authority (where appropriate to the project) to ensure compliance with local construction regulations and by-laws
Job Skills: Not Specified
Qualifications and experience required
• The candidate must hold a bachelor’s degree in civil engineering and/or related fields with at least 4 years’ professional experience in relevant fields
• Ability to work in a remote area;
• Fluent in English and Kinyarwanda;
• Good computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Extensive AutoCAD experience, GIS and Hydro CAD modeling will be an added value) and report writing skills a must
• Honest and transparent
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• He/ she should be ready to travel to the field to the agriculture farms and Cooperatives in the rural areas
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
The interested candidates must submit directly their application letter addressed to Country Director; recent and detailed curriculum vitae written in English; relevant certificates; Diploma required; a photocopy of the National Identity Card at Good Neighbors International, Head Office (Kigali); located at Kimihurura, opposite to Lemigo Hotel (FAIRVIEW building_3rd floor, right-wing) by September 07th, 2020 before 5 pm.