Child Protection Officer
Deadline of this Job:
27 December 2020
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, December 21, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Child protection officer will be responsible for particular tasks related to the implementation of field activities, support children’s committees to develop and implement action plans and child-led initiatives including mechanisms for preventing and reporting violence against children, follow up and monitoring of the implementation of child-led initiatives, production of program’s reports, communication with stakeholders involved in the program in accordance with the programs objectives and expected results. .
3. Key responsibilities
3.1. Contribute to program strategy development & implementation
To contribute towards the development of program strategies and tactical interventions and programs plans, ensuring the commitment of all stakeholders and steady accomplishment of CLADHO’s objectives related to child rights promotion:
• Ensure a coordinated and collaborative approach is undertaken among program beneficiaries including children’s committees from village to the National level in implementing program’s interventions and achieving desired outcomes,
• Assist the management team in organizing various workshops, training, and planning.
Having at least a Bachelor’s degree in Sociology, law, Education, Clinical Psychology or other related fields. Having a Master’s degree is an added value
• A minimum of 3 years of professional experience in child and adolescent rights and development programs or other related areas,
• Demonstrated experience working with civil society organizations, Local Government, multi-donor agencies, and or developmental partners,
• Good knowledge of civil society in Rwanda,
• Experience in establishing and maintaining collaborative relationships with different stakeholders in children and adolescent rights and development,
• Experience in both development and humanitarian contexts is an added advantage
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Interested candidates should address their application enclosed with a cover letter, Curriculum vitae, academic documents, and other certificates to the Executive Secretary of CLADHO and submitted in hard copy to CLADHO head office located near Zinia Market, World Food Program, Kicukiro district, City of Kigali, not later than 27th December 2020 at 5:00 pm.
• The subject of the application should be mentioned “Application for the position of Child protection officer”
• Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the exams.