Save the Children is seeking a Child Protection Intern to learn from on-job training how child protection is organized, conduct and report on child protection, assist CP department in awareness raising and learning through tablet session related activities and assist in ensuring the delivery of quality, efficient and proactive support to CP department.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
Qualifications and experience
• Minimum of 1-year relevant work experience in child protection,
• Proven technical knowledge and skills in the field of Child Protection.
• Experience working in an emergency response and/or a refugee context is an added value
• Proven ability to work as part of a team.
• Ability to identify the main gaps (Gender related) in child protection in the given context to inform a holistic response for children.
• Experience in community mobilization and awareness raising activities
• Ability to work within a multi-cultural setting
• Experience in working through consultative and participatory processes and ability to balance multiple competing interests to work towards a common goal.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Ability to supervise and mentor volunteers to achieve results.
• A good level of written and spoken English/ Kirundi and Kinyarwanda.
• Good computer skills (MS Office, including Outlook for email and internet user).
• Commitment to understanding of Child Rights and Save the Children’s aims, values and principles including rights-based approaches
Contract type : Fixed Term contract
Dimension : 1-year contract
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
• No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
• All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
• Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued
This position is on Child Safeguarding- Level 3: The post holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work country programs. Or are visiting country programs; or because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff.
We are committed to ensuring a safe working environment for all those who work for us and for all those who come into contact with our staff and representatives, including children and members of the communities with whom we work. SCI takes a zero tolerance approach to sexual harassment and any other conduct that is discriminatory or disrespectful to others.
Deadline for receiving applications is November 18th, 2020.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
*Note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. *
*Disclaimer: Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process*