Chair of Division of Clinical Medicine
Jobs at:University of Global Health Equity (UGHE)
Deadline of this Job:
24 December 2020
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, December 17, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The University of Global Health Equity (UGHE) is on a mission to radically change the way health care is delivered around the world. UGHE is a new university based in Rwanda that is building the next generation of global health professionals—doctors, nurses, researchers, and public health and policy experts—into leaders and change makers who strive to deliver more equitable, quality health services for all.
Title: Chair of Division of Clinical Medicine
Department: School of Medicine
Reports to: Dean, School of Medicine
Location: Butaro & Kigali, Rwanda .
The Chair of the Division of Clinical Medicine, under the supervision of the Dean, is directly responsible for the establishment, development, leadership, coordination, supervision, and assessment of clinical medicine education. This involves thorough planning and directing the implementation of different programs, policies, and procedures for the Division of Clinical Medicine.
The position holder will be responsible for working as part of a team to develop and teach courses in clinical medicine using cutting-edge pedagogical methods. All UGHE faculty members are required to conduct research and pursue external grant funding. In addition, the Chair is expected to oversee the academic and administrative activities of the Division through direct supervision of the different heads of clinical academic departments. As such, the Chair will provide oversight to the development and the effective implementation of clinical medicine modules and promote the UGHE research agenda in the Division under the overall leadership of the Dean. The Chair will also be Head of the department of the relevant specialty they hold.
Job Skills: Not Specified
QUALIFICATIONS & CREDENTIALS:
• Medical doctor with speciality (or subspecialty) with current Board Certification and license to practice medicine in appropriate area of specialization
• Demonstrable experience in integrated medical education teaching and learning
• Demonstrable experience in curriculum development, clinical teaching, research, clinical trainee mentorship, and assessment
• Five years (5) of academic experience as a full time faculty
• Minimum academic title of assistant professor
• Demonstrated leadership, productivity, and administrative experience in a clinical, professional, research, or educational setting
• Demonstrated leadership, productivity, and administrative experience in a professional, research, or educational setting
• Strong skills pertinent to teamwork, communication, staff management and supervision, analytic problem solving, and education advocacy
• Good standing with all regulatory and governmental boards and agencies
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
To apply please click here https://www.pih.org/pages/employment?p=job/oIqdefwj