The International Organization for Migration (IOM) in partnership with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation and the Ministry of Education through Rwanda Polytechnic (RP) seek to address the needs of the Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) sector in Rwanda through the engagement of Rwanda Community Abroad (RCA) in Belgium and Germany. In this context, between 2020 and 2021, highly qualified Rwandan Diaspora professionals are being recruited to conduct training of trainers (ToT) to TVET professors and students in identified priority areas within the Integrated Polytechnic Regional Colleges (IPRCs) across the country.
|A needs assessment of the TVET sector in Rwanda has identified gaps in the following priority areas|
|Electrical technology||Civil engineering|
|Electronics and Telecommunication||Renewable energy|
|Information Communication Technology||Forestry Engineering and Wood Technology|
|Irrigation and Water Engineering||Wildlife Management|
|Agriculture and food processing||Wildlife Tourism|
|Veterinary technology||Mechatronics Engineering|
|Agriculture Engineering||Applied research and innovation|
|Mechanical Engineering||Hospitality Management|
Rwandan Diaspora Professionals participating in the programme will be requested to:
- To organize training sessions of trainers, putting into consideration the trainers’ knowledge, skills and attitude,
- To propose suitable didactic strategies for a given training situation,
- To make relevant didactic material with local resources and use it effectively in training,
- To work cooperatively with the training institution’s administrators, special support personnel, colleagues.
- To demonstrate an accurate and up-to-date knowledge of content,
- To implement properly requisite curriculum and provide inputs as content experts to improve these curricula,
- To assign reasonable tasks to trainers.
- To maintain accurate, complete, and appropriate records and files reports promptly,
- To take precautions to protect records, equipment, materials, and facilities,
- To assume responsibility for supervising/facilitating trainees in the workshops.,
- To participation in the work, and take a lead in seminars, educational meetings and courses organized for trainers,
- To mentor trainers in the requisition, inventory, storage and use of training materials and the management of the training environment in the workshops.
The programme seeks Rwandan Diaspora Professionals with the following minimum experience, qualifications and competencies:
- Possessing a tertiary qualification in respective trade or related field;
- At least five years of experience in the respective trade industry;
- Ability to train people under pressure and multi-task at work;
- Proven experience in preparing lesson plans and use appropriate materials, service tools and equipment according to their classroom’s needs trainings for respective trade;
- Ability to coach trainers on best practices, methods and systems of quality assurance in practice and training in the respective trade;
- Proven experience in hands-on work (practice vs theory);
- Ability to teach the respective trade to audiences with various levels of understanding; Knowledgeable in best practices on time management, project management, and effective use of appropriate computer technology;
- Ability to coach atrainers on proper product delivery techniques as well as handling complaints and concerns of trainees;
- Ability to maintain professional image and attitude;
- Proven track record of business development and maintaining client relationships, including working with senior decision makers in companies;
- Proven experience in managing projects to deadlines;
- Good understanding of business and sustainable development, with particular focus on the respective trade;
- Knowledge of health and safety regulations in the respective workshops; Knowledge of the products, facility, sector and industry;
- Strong interpersonal skills and team work spirit.
- Holding professional certificates, registered & membership of professional associations;
- Experience/knowledge of regional social-economic values is an added advantage;
- Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) training is an asset.
The Master Trainer shall work under the overall technical supervision of the respective IPRC Deputy Principal in charge of Academics/Training. The Master Trainer will take instructions for his/her day-to -date functions from the particular head of department/trade under whom the training offer directly falls. It is this latter office that will confirm his/her work plans and screen his/her delivery of allocated tasks for approval by the respective line managers.
Interested Rwandan Diaspora Professionals need only fill in basic some basic information online and upload their CV to be included in the pool of experts for the programme. Information sharedis strictly confidential and falls under the IOM Data Protection Principles adopted in 2009 and the IOM Data Protection Manual in 2010. Those principles prevent unnecessary and disproportionate interference into privacy.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here Closing Date : 26th December, 2020.