Business Intelligence and Communications Specialist to USAID Transforming Rwanda Medical Supply Project
Jobs at:Rwanda Medical Supply Ltd
Deadline of this Job:
01 June 2021
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, May 20, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Scope Of Work
Rwanda Medical Supply Ltd seeks to recruit a Business Intelligence and Communications Specialist to USAID Transforming Rwanda Medical Supply Project.
Rwanda Medical Supply Ltd is a state owned company created by the Government of Rwanda with a mandate of managing end to end health supply chain for Rwanda.
The vision of RMS Ltd is to ensure quality and timely availability of all health commodities to the public through a cost-efficient, sustainable, and effective supply chain. Drugs will be available throughout the country through an economical and financially sustainable supply chain that can meet current and future need and manage increasing complexity.
The U.S. Agency for International Development (“USAID”) in partnership with Rwanda Medical Supply looks to procure and provide health commodities for USAID/Rwanda’s health program, including but not limited to HIV/AIDS, Malaria, Family Planning, and Maternal & Child Health through the Project known as TRMS (Transforming the Rwanda Medical Supply Chain). The aim of TRMS is to address operational inefficiencies in Rwanda’s supply chain system such as lengthy procurement processes, poor inventory management and high end user mark-up.
RMS Ltd seeks to recruit a qualified candidate for the position of; Business Intelligence and Communication Specialist for the USAID Transforming Rwanda Medical Supply Chain (TRMS) project. This position is subject to availability of USAID funds.
S/he will serve as the main point of contact for all business development strategy, private sector engagement and external communications.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Lead development of RMS private sector engagement action plan and market approach strategy.
• Lead the RMS business intelligence relationship with other similar business organizations through memorandum of understanding, mapping of responsibilities between the different parties.
• Lead the market development approaches and high level segmentation of local supplier optimization.
• Assists RMS and its board to stay abreast of trends and issues in Rwandan private sector development from Rwanda’s policy process and from development partners;
• Implements a strategy to attract private sector engagement with RMS and ensures complementarity and coordination between RMS and private sector actors;
• Raises awareness on business development issues within RMS or with private sector actors.
• Proposes and supports a timeline for the implementation of privatization strategies of RMS including preparation of business plans, sustainability strategies, and financing approaches;
• Provides substantive technical support in the conceptualization, planning, implementation of RMS external communications.
Required Skills and Qualifications
• A bachelor’s degree in the following fields is preferable, business management, project management, marketing, economics or a related field.
• Banking experience is an added asset.
• Demonstrated pragmatic experiences in business management,
• Versatile in making business planning and forecasting,
• Experienced in private sector engagement and partnership,
• Experience in public-private partnership and relationship management, and
• Skilled in business communications and branding, excellence in professional commercial relations, and private sector ventures and commercial services in low and middle income country settings.
• Ability to gather and analyze information in order to make appropriate decisions
• Excellent written and spoken English skills
• Demonstrated computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite applications including Word, Excel. PowerPoint, knowledge of appropriate methods for data analysis, and reporting
Level of Effort and Location:
This is a contract based position and will be based in Kigali, Rwanda, with intermittent travel throughout the country
Competitive salary package
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
Interested persons should send their CV and cover letter to [email protected] , include; “Rwanda Medical Supply Chain (TRMS) Business Intelligence and Communications Specialist” the subject heading of your e-mail. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.