Branch Manager (Microfinance)
Deadline of this Job:
15 February 2021
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, February 08, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
BRAC is the world’s largest, and leading development organization dedicated to poverty alleviation and empowerment of the poor. Initiated in Bangladesh in 1972, BRAC now operates in 11 countries across Asia, Africa. To counter poverty and promote social empowerment, BRAC strategically integrates development programs in microfinance, agriculture, health, education, human rights and legal aid, community empowerment, and more.
BRAC Rwanda Microfinance Company PLC is registered with Rwanda Development Board in September 2018 and was approved license from National Bank of Rwanda to operate Microfinance and other financial services in Rwanda. BRAC Rwanda is looking for competent, dynamic, and self-motivated Rwandans to fill the following regular positions .
Major Duties and Responsibilities
• Lead survey of the proposed branch and demarcate working area for the groups and Loan Officers.
• Arrange admission of members in groups after initial screening from the survey list of potential borrowers.
• Oversee at least two group meetings per day and reconcile passbooks.
• Prepare a target plan for the branch at the beginning of the year and monitor the operation if it is in accordance with the target plans or not.
• Prepare weekly cash requisitions for loan disbursement and other expenditure.
• Create an enabling environment for all the staffs working in the office. Ensure better and quick service to outside stakeholders.
• Develop staff’s capacity through mentoring, coaching and counselling, so that they can be promoted.
• Prepare daily, weekly, and monthly report required by management. Analyze monthly trend and daily performance reports of the Credit Officer.
• Make sure COs and other MF staff adhere to the code of conduct for Microfinance staff and treat clients respectfully.
• Strive to provide the best quality service to the client and at field and at the brunch office.
• Follow up client’s complaints/concerns/opinions carefully and take appropriate measures and recommend changes.
• Review clients’ poverty profile and geographic targeting to ensure that client targeting is aligned with BRAC’s mission & vision.
Knowledge, Skills & Competencies::
• Effective communication skills.
• Writing and reporting skills in English
• Computer skills.
• University Graduate in any discipline.
• Experience: At least two years of experience in any Microfinance/financial Institution. Candidates without experiences will not be short listed and should not apply.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
If you feel you are the right match for the above mentioned positions, please follow the application instructions accordingly:
Candidates need to send a signed Cover letter in PDF format indicating the title of position applied for, updated CV mentioning educational grades, years of experience, and copies of academic qualifications. All those documents should be sent through email: [email protected] ,
NB. The subject should be the position you have applied for.
Please note that only short listed candidates will be called for interview.
Application deadline: 15th February 2021