Branch Accounts Officer
Deadline of this Job:
15 February 2021
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, February 08, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
BRAC is the world’s largest, and leading development organization dedicated to poverty alleviation and empowerment of the poor. Initiated in Bangladesh in 1972, BRAC now operates in 11 countries across Asia, Africa. To counter poverty and promote social empowerment, BRAC strategically integrates development programs in microfinance, agriculture, health, education, human rights and legal aid, community empowerment, and more.
BRAC Rwanda Microfinance Company PLC is registered with Rwanda Development Board in September 2018 and was approved license from National Bank of Rwanda to operate Microfinance and other financial services in Rwanda. BRAC Rwanda is looking for competent, dynamic, and self-motivated Rwandans to fill the following regular positions .
Major Duties and Responsibilities
• To record the cash of all programs in the daily collection registers and preserve in the file by preparing necessary voucher with sign.
• To prepare the list of expected cash collection and disbursement every morning by discussing with the branch manager and local head of related programs and then withdraw necessary cash from bank.
• Make sure that there is no excess cash in hand or bank and dispatch excess funds to the Country office.
• To ensure all collections made are deposited in the office fund.
• To ensure that the loan is being disbursed to the real loan at the presence of the local supervisor of related program while disbursing loans.
• To reimburse bills after verifying the authenticity of the transaction with the approval of Supervisor of all programs
• To calculate the total of daily collections register and compare it with the cash ledger at the end of the day.
• Recording the daily loan disbursement, collection & savings including all other cash transactions, and report as required by the program authorities.
• Deposit the surplus amount in the bank at the end of each day.
• Complete daily activities in time and maintain files properly.
Knowledge, Skills & Competencies::
• Effective communication skills.
• Writing and reporting skills in English
Educational Qualifications :
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting / Finance or related discipline from a recognized institution.
• Experience: Experiences of working as Accountant in any Microfinance/financial Institution will be given preference.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
If you feel you are the right match for the above mentioned positions, please follow the application instructions accordingly:
Candidates need to send a signed Cover letter in PDF format indicating the title of position applied for, updated CV mentioning educational grades, years of experience, and copies of academic qualifications. All those documents should be sent through email: [email protected] ,
NB. The subject should be the position you have applied for.
Please note that only short listed candidates will be called for interview.
Application deadline: 15th February 2021