- Company: UAP Old Mutual Group
- Location: Zambia
- State: Kigali Jobs in Rwanda
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Rwanda
The UAP Old Mutual Group comprises of three key players as a result of the acquisition of a controlling stake in Faulu in 2014 and UAP in 2015 by Old Mutual. The acquisition resulted in Old Mutual Kenya and UAP Holdings ( www.uapoldmutual.com ) as well as Faulu Microfinance Bank ( www.faulukenya.com ) forming one of the largest financial services groups with a growing footprint in East and Central Africa. The Group currently has operations in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, South Sudan and Rwanda.
We are rooted in our purpose of “Championing Mutually Positive Futures Every Day” and believe that a great customer experience is anchored in a great employee experience.
The role will be responsible for UAP-Old Mutual business operations in Rwanda that include Short term Insurance – General Insurance and Health business. The role supports the Group Head of Audit in assisting the Board and Executive Management to protect the assets, reputation and sustainability of the UAP-Old Mutual Group.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Manages, administers and executes audits for UAP-Old Mutual Rwanda and from time to time within the East Africa region. The role may necessitate up to 20% travel within East Africa.
- Helps the business to deliver the strategic initiatives successfully by focusing on the significant risks, both existing and emerging.
- Delivers multiple audit assignments in time & in accordance with the Group Internal Audit (GIA) methodology & quality standards.
- Interacts with and provides audit assurance to the UAP Rwanda Audit and Risk Committee.
- Understands the risk profile of the business, gains and applies extensive industry knowledge in the various business lines.
- Provides independent opinion on risk & control environment for the various business units or processes.
- Engages with business unit process owners to agree on audit deliverables (risk assessments, control workshops and adequacy assessments), timeframes and issues audit findings in relation to work done.
- Challenges and influences the relevant executives to improve the governance, risk and control culture.
- Meets key customers to gain a better understanding of business expectations.
- Provides clients with an understanding of GIA expectations and applies GIA protocols.
- Contributes to developmental interventions and on the job coaching.
Knowledge and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in relevant field.
- Professional qualifications (CPA, ACCA, CISA, CIA).
- Minimum of 4 years relevant experience in the internal audit function and / or external audit function.
- Experience in the financial services industry is an added advantage.
Skills and Competencies
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills including effective report writing ability.
- Strong relationship management and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to interact with Senior Management across various functions and departments within the UAP-Old Mutual Group.
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills.
- Driven to deliver real value and quality service to a demanding and diverse client base.
- Confident and self-motivated.
- Organised and structured approach with ability to multi-task.
- Quality orientation.