Assistant Lecturer for Information Communication Technology
Academic · Kigali, kigali
Since Kepler’s launch in 2013, we are building a model of accessible and quality higher education. We provide a different kind of education – one that combines in-person, online, and on-the-job learning in service of a goal: decent jobs for young Africans. And we have been successful, with more than 90% of scholars employed within six months of graduating. Kepler, through a partnership with Southern New Hampshire University (SNHU), has enrolled more than 1,000 students.
We have entered into an exciting time at Kepler. Over the next few months, Kepler hopes to become locally accredited in Rwanda through Kepler College and we are expanding our academic offerings and programs in Rwanda and Ethiopia.
About this role:
Kepler is hiring an Assistant Lecturer for Information Communication Technology in the Faculty of Management. We are looking for a candidate with strong knowledge of ICT and a passion for education. The role will focus on facilitating student-centered learning and conducting a project-based assessment.
The Assistant Lecturer will also conduct related activities to support students and Kepler as an organization in constant learning and improvement, including creating, documenting, and sharing best practices. The role includes developing structured lessons, adapting curriculum to best meet student needs, analyzing and utilizing data to support diverse learners, and collaborating with colleagues to holistically develop and support all students at Kepler. In contrast to traditional lecturing positions, Assistant Lecturers at Kepler is focused on creating student learning experiences that are active and encourage students to be self-guided learners.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teach ICT-related modules in compliance with Kepler policies and procedures
- Regularly evaluate student learning through competency/project-based assessments, including both formative and summative assessments, and provide clear and actionable feedback to students
- Conduct and facilitate other forms of assessments as specified in Kepler academic and assessment policies.
- Utilize student data to make informed decisions to guarantee all student progress through the curriculum
- Create or modify lesson plans as needed in the specified format provided
- Build courses (curriculum delivery and communication regarding curriculum) through a Learning Management System
- Under the direction of the faculty leadership, collaborate with the curriculum team in planning and implementing new learning content
- Conduct student office hours and create other channels for open and positive communication with students
- Participate in various activities such as meetings, workshops, and seminars as may be scheduled from time to time
- Undertake any other activities assigned from time to time by the Dean of Faculty or Subject Manager
- Master’s degree in Information Communication Technology, Computer Science, Computer Application Technology, Software Engineering or related fields
- Experience in helping others learn (either in a formal education setting or less formally through mentoring, management, coaching, etc.)
- Ability to support students in their various learning needs
- Demonstrated mastery of Google and Microsoft suites
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Good command of English as a language of instruction.
- Demonstrated problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to work independently as well as work collaboratively with colleagues to productively contribute to teams
- Proven ability to coordinate and manage multiple projects and competing and conflicting priorities in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Willingness to experiment, try things out, fail fast, and learn constantly
Preferred Qualifications and Experience:
- At least 1 year of teaching experience at university level, preferably in the East African Community or demonstrated strong ability to support learning of others in a professional setting
- Experience in program or training /curriculum development, either in academic or other professional settings, ideally with a focus on employability and using competency/project-based learning
- Demonstrated adaptability and commitment to innovation in Learning and Teaching pedagogy
- Ability to teach across a number of ICT related areas such as software design and development, database and web/internet development, project management, network technology, etc.
- Experience evaluating the effectiveness of programs and making recommendations for improvements
Reports to: Subject Manager, Information Communication Technology
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Health insurance
- 18 days/year for annual leave
- Additional days of vacation during December and April break
Kepler values diversity as a paramount aspect of growth and provides equal opportunities. Discrimination against employees based on gender, race, religion, physical abilities, social status, beliefs, and cultural values is strictly forbidden
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here Closing Date : 24th December, 2020.