It is a joint venture involving a number of international organizations: DSM – the largest nutrition company in the world; the World Bank (IFC); the UK Govt (CDC) the Dutch Govt (FMO). The Government of Rwanda, and the World Food Programme.
Our products are intended to address malnutrition among vulnerable population segments such as pregnant and breast-feeding mothers, older infants, and young children especially in the first 1,000 days of their life. To this end, we have built a world class food processing plant in Rwanda – to serve the East Africa region – and are now expanding into Ethiopia.
In as much as we are a commercial, for-profit organization, we also strive to have the maximum social, economic, and environmental impact possible on the communities in which we operate. In this respect, we have strong working relationships with reputable NGOs across the EAC Region.
Our model is to source raw materials from local small-holder farmers, employ, develop, and to deploy local talent in the creation and growth of our fortified foods business.
Our Mission is to provide African consumers with high-quality fortified complementary foods that are affordable and available.
Our Vision is to be a trusted Africa-based producer of a range of nutritious foods that are proven to improve health.
Africa Improved Foods Holding Ltd is looking for self-motivated, qualified individuals with the right attitude and a passion for innovation to join our young and energetic team on the position of Assistant Brand Manager.
General Job information
Job title: Assistant Brand Manager
Business Group/Unit: Africa Improved Foods Rwanda Ltd
Location: Kenya/ Rwanda (TBC)
Position in the organization
Reports to: Brand Manager
Direct reports: TBC
Indirect reports: TBC
Purpose of the job
We are looking for a self-results-driven and enthusiastic self-starter Assistant Brand Manager with a strong marketing background to implement and assist in the development of the brand growth strategy for the Africa Improved Foods. (under the Nootri brand)
The jobholder will be responsible for performing the following duties:
- Analyze how our brand(s) is positioned in the market and crystalize targeted consumers’ insights
- Translate brand strategies into brand plans, brand positioning, and go-to-market strategies
- Measure and report performance of all marketing campaigns, and assess against goals (ROI and KPIs)
- Monitor market trends, research consumer markets, and competitors’ activities to identify opportunities and
- key issues
- Oversee marketing and advertising activities to ensure consistency with product line strategy
- Monitor product distribution and consumer reactions
- Anticipate bottlenecks
- Brainstorm new and innovative growth strategies
Knowledge and educational level
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Management, Marketing or any relevant field
- Discipline related knowledge and experience
Required level of professional experience
- A Minimum of 3 years’ experience in marketing of FMCG Products in the East African market
- Proven track record of delivering strong brand growth through creative partnerships and strategy implementation
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Preference working successfully within an international organization
- Proven track record of achieving sales goals
- Strong Leadership and people skills
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
Competences and skills
- Proven work experience
- Build productive business professional relationships
- Excellent negotiator and persuasive
- Teamwork, excellent business acumen, and independent judgment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to make decisions quickly and efficiently
- Excellent interpersonal, problem-solving, and organizational skills
If you believe you meet the above requirements, please submit your application including an application letter, a detailed Curriculum Vitae, telephone contact, and email address.
The deadline for receiving applications is Friday 25 th September 2020.
Please apply to:
Human Resources Department
Africa Improved Foods Rwanda Ltd
Kigali – Rwanda
E-mail on: [email protected]
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.