Assistant Academic Librarian
Jobs at:University of Global Health Equity (UGHE)
Deadline of this Job:
14 June 2021
Within Rwanda , Butaro , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, May 17, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• To assist the Academic Librarian in the day-to-day administration of the UGHE Library and support in the learning, teaching and research needs and activities of the university community.
• The Assistant Academic Librarian shall have responsibility for running the circulation system and information resources processing functions at the library.
• To deal with library users enquiries and to promote effective use of the library resources with responsibilities in assisting in the preparation of user guides and documentation.
• To maintain the Library Accessions Register.
• To be responsible for the Circulation System.
• To maintain Library order and security.
• To catalogue and classify new library resources.
• To assist in collection development and stock management. To identify and select materials for binding and de-selection.
• To consult with library users about their needs, reporting these needs to the Academic Librarian.
• To keep abreast of the higher education environment while developing professional skills.
• To participate in wider University committees and special interest groups as opportunities arise.
• To carry out any other duties appropriate to the post, as directed by the Academic Librarian.
Qualifications and experience:
• A Bachelor's Degree in Library Studies or its equivalent.
• 2-3 years post-graduation experience.
Experience working in a medical/health sciences academic library environment.
• Ability to plan, prioritise and organise work.
• Ability to take responsibility for delegated tasks.
• Ability to work accurately with attention to detail.
Interpersonal and communication skills:
• Ability to work in a multicultural rural environment.
• Ability to work flexibly as part of a team.
• Excellent verbal, written and presentation communication skills.
• Ability to teach.
• Ability to catalogue to international standards (RDA Standards).
• Good IT skills (including a basic knowledge of Microsoft Suite and Google Suite).
• Fluent English and Kinyarwanda
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications by the link: https://www.pih.org/pages/employment?p=job%2Fogixffw4