Analyst/Manager, Office of the CEO
Jobs at:One Acre Fund
Deadline of this Job:
08 June 2021
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, April 13, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. Our 8,000+ team is drawn from diverse backgrounds and professions. With operations across six core countries in Africa, we make farmers more prosperous by providing quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. On average, our farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
To learn more about our work, take a look at our Why Work Here blog for more information.
About The Role
We are looking to build our team under the CEO, which will be composed of 1-2 analysts and 1-2 managers. As One Acre Fund grows, our Executive Director is focused on an increasingly diverse set of priorities that span across all countries of operation -- from changing how we deliver impact and serve our farmers to driving major organization-wide initiatives to improve the One Acre Fund staff experience.
Members of this team will lead a varied portfolio of projects, linked by a common theme of moving forward strategic priorities across the organization.
• Lead high-priority programmatic work: The CEO wishes to improve how One Acre Fund delivers impact to farmers. You will collaborate with relevant One Acre Fund teams to design and implement strategic improvements to One Acre Fund’s business model. Sample projects include:
• Modernizing the customer experience: Work with our Business Operations, Field, and Technology teams to understand, shape, and execute the modernization of our customer experience as we shift to digital via new technologies and ways of interacting with our client base
• Drive major, organization-wide initiatives: Directly implement the priorities of the CEO by leading key change management initiatives that will directly shape the future of One Acre Fund. You will be working with One Acre Fund staff across the organization as you take the lead on such projects, reporting progress back to the CEO and engaging him when necessary. Sample projects include:
• Program strategy: help rollout One Acre Fund's program strategy refresh, as each country of operation seeks to double its level of farmer impact in the coming four years
• Diversity Equity, and Inclusion: support the improvement of One Acre Fund’s performance management tools to ensure all staff feel supported and recognized as they advance their careers
• Executive-level communications and research: Well-crafted communication of our strategy is essential to One Acre Fund’s success. The Office of the CEO will take the lead on craft communications for the most important influencers in the sector through pitch decks, strategy sharing, and more. The communications may also require fast analyses and research, like conducting a market sizing of smallholder farmers in East Africa.
Office of the CEO team:
• Managers - You will oversee the professional development and high-quality project work of 2-5 staff in the Office of the CEO. This will include conducting weekly check-ins with team members to guide their work and conducting bi-annual professional development reviews
• Analysts - You will engage with your Manager weekly to review work, make progress against professional development goals, and agree on project mix allocation
Career Growth And Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, we are looking for extraordinary candidates with experience in consulting, analytical, or entrepreneurial roles to help take our organization to the next levels of impact and scale.
• This is a career-track role, with a two-year minimum.
• At the Manager level, we are looking for professionals with ~5+ years of work experience
• At the Analyst level, we are looking for professionals with ~3+ years of work experience
• For both levels your experience should include 3+ years of experience in one of our countries of operation
• Experience in strategic and consulting contexts, e.g. working with and making recommendations to C-suite leaders, strategic problem-solving, long-term planning
• Ability to roll up one's sleeves and directly move projects forward, as opposed to solely making recommendations or presentations.
• Strong executive-level verbal communication skills -- the ability to quickly identify what matters and communicate that clearly and concisely to C-suite
• Logical thinker & comfort with analysis. We are looking for someone who is a structured thinker and can use quantitative analysis to create insights and inform recommendations
• At the manager level - experience managing team performance and developing leaders; experience in remote management a plus
• Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree
• Language: English
Preferred Start Date
As soon as possible
Health insurance, housing, and comprehensive benefits
One Acre Fund can support a work permit for this role. However, nationals of (or those with an extensive professional background and work history in) our countries of operation are preferred.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Please click on the link to apply.