Adolescent Sexual and Reproductive Health Officer (ASRH Officer)
Jobs at:Save the Children
Deadline of this Job:
26 March 2021
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, March 15, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education, and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard. We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030: No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday All children learn from quality basic education and that, Violence against children is no longer tolerated We know that great people make a great organization and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued
This position is on Child Safeguarding- Level 3: The post holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work country programs. Or are visiting country programs; or because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff.
We are committed to ensuring a safe working environment for all those who work for us and for all those who come into contact with our staff and representatives, including children and members of the communities with whom we work. .
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
ABOUT THE ROLE
The ASRH Officer will work to contribute to an improvement in the overall health centre especially MNCH&RH including ASRH services of the targeted refugee population of Mahama Camp through the provision of quality Reproductive health services.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
The ASRH Officer is accountable for provision of ASRH services, provide comprehensive antenatal care to pregnant women attending ANC services, and provide postnatal care as per the protocols to all women attending PNC clinic, family planning and Post Abortion Care (FPPAC), delivery Room, and Emergency Obstetric Care, infection control and universal precautions and health Education
SKILLS AND CAPABILITIES
• Willingness to work in resource poor environment and be culturally sensitive.
• Ability to produce basic reports in English.
• Ability to work in a remote area.
• Experience of working in maternity /PMTCT programmes/ANC / PNC and FP-PAC.
• Strong capacity in Mother and Child health – New born Care.
• Strong experience and capacity un child birth delivery.
• Knowledge of aseptic and sterilisation methods.
• Strong capacity of nosocomial infection prevention.
• Organisation and hygiene skills, knowledge, and behaviour.
• Computer knowledge (Microsoft office, M.S Word, MS Excel.
Good understanding of Child Rights situation in Rwanda and excellent project implementation skills and strong ability to work in close collaboration with the local implementing partners
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Save the Children is looking for a truly dedicated candidate who has ardent career ambitions in project implementation and who demonstrates a strong vision for Save the Children.
• A qualified Registered Midwife with 2 years of experience, licensed National Council of Nursing and Midwifery (Rwanda).
• Have a recognized Midwife working license from the National Council of Nursing.
• Excellent liaison abilities and good communication skills (French, Kiswahili, and English preferred)
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
To apply, follow this link: https://rwanda.savethechildren.net/careers
The deadline for receiving applications is 26th March 2021.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. *
Disclaimer: Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process*