- Company: (APEFE)
- Location: Zambia
- State: Rwanda
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Rwanda
The Association for the Promotion of Education and Training Abroad (APEFE) is a Belgian organization that mobilizes its resources and expertise to serve the countries of the South for strengthening their capacities to implement their Development policy in the sectors of education, agriculture and environment, health, governance, and the private sector.
In Rwanda, APEFE is implementing its five-year program (2017-2021) financed by the Belgian Directorate-General for Development Cooperation (DGD), with the objective of initiating “ Inclusive and equitable quality alternance training, accessible to young Rwandan women and men, responding to the skills needs of the growing Rwandan economy in food processing and beauty/fashion trades “. This program will be implemented in a partnership with the Ministry of Public Service and Employment (MIFOTRA) and the Private Sector Federation (PSF).
Expected results of the APEFE program 2017-2021
- In this phase 2017-2021, APEFE in collaboration with its partners aim at the following results:
- Result 1: Different partners collaborate and co-ordinate inclusive and equitable quality alternance training,
- Result 2: TVET institutions train young men and women to be competitive in the labor market.
- Result 3: Companies are able to provide inclusive and quality workplace learning opportunities.
To fulfill this mandate APEFE is seeking interested Rwandan candidates for the following positions:
Position: one (1) Administrative Assistant / Ref: AA-05.2019
The Association for the Promotion of Education and Training Abroad (APEFE) mobilizes its resources and expertise to serve the countries of the South to strengthen their capacities to implement their development policy in the sectors Education, Agriculture and Environment, Health, Governance, and the Private Sector.
As part of its 2017-2021 programme in RWANDA, APEFE is hiring an Administrative Assistant (M/F) for the Programme, whose objective is: ” Inclusive and equitable quality alternance training, accessible to young Rwandan women and men, responding to the skills needs of the growing Rwandan economy, is initiated in food processing and/or beauty/fashion trades. “
- Place of assignment: Kigali (Rwanda) with regular missions in Provinces
- End of contract: December 2021
Deadline for submitting an application: 23 August 2019, 5 p.m.
- Salary: APEFE local salary scale
- Career level: 5 years of useful experience
- A minimum level of study: National Advanced Certificate of Professional or Technical Secondary Education (A2)
Under the hierarchical authority of the APEFE programme administrator in Kigali, in collaboration with the Administrative and Financial Manager, the Administrative Assistant provides administrative support to ensure efficient operation of the office.
Tasks and responsibilities:
Support the daily management of the coordination office
- Support the office hotline;
- Support the reception and archiving of e-mails;
- Support the recording of incoming mail;
- Support the drafting and archiving of outgoing letters;
- Support the reception of visitors;
- Participate in the planning of activities of the week;
- Keep the directory of partners up to date;
- Support the reproduction of documents.
Support the organization of program activities
- Support in writing invitations to programme activities;
- Coordinate the distribution of invitations to participants to program activities;
- Follow up the invitations of participants to activities by phone calls;
- Follow up on bookings of training venues;
- Prepare the mission orders of the Programme staff;
- Ensure that invoices issued by service providers are in order;
- Record attendance of participants in activities;
- Distribute emission allowances to participants.
Support the program management unit
- Serve as reference person of the Programme Management Unit (submission and follow-up of signature of concept notes, mission orders of ATs, invitations, etc.);
- Book meeting venues for meetings of the Programme Management Unit and the Technical Monitoring Committee;
- Ensure transmission of documents (reports, working documents, etc.) to the members of the Programme Management Unit and the Technical Monitoring Committee.
- Prepare the budget of program activities with the team and according to regulations;
- Ensure the availability of all supporting documents for program activities;
- Support the Administrative and Financial Manager in the preparation of monthly accounts (photocopies, filing, etc.);
- Perform any additional tasks assigned by the Programme Administrator
- Hold at least a National Advanced Certificate of Professional or Technical Secondary Education (A2) in accounting, secretarial studies, computer science or related fields;
- Have professional experience of at least 5 years in an international organization, or public institution, or highly recognized government project;
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures;
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work;
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong organizational and planning skills;
- Proficient in MS Office;
- Methodical and rigorous approach at work;
- Proven ability to work in teams and in multi-stakeholder environments, and to maximize cooperation with stakeholders;
- Good capacity for listening and intercultural dialogue;
- Perfect command of the Kinyarwanda, French and English languages in writing and orally.
A curriculum vitae, a motivation letter, past and current service certificates (unproven experience will not be considered during the shortlisting), copies of diploma and certificates, and names 3 references contacts and emails (former direct supervisors) indicating the reference AA-05.2019 , must be sent, not later than August 23, 2019, 5 p.m. , to Mrs Marie-Pierre Ngoma, Programme Administrator of APEFE Rwanda, preferably by e-mail: email@example.com
Only short-listed candidates whose background and experience meet the criteria above will be contacted.
Done in Kigali, 14 August 2019,