ACHIEVE Deputy Technical Lead
Deadline of this Job:
02 October 2020
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, September 28, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Jhpiego is an International, Non-Profit health organization affiliated to Johns Hopkins University. For 40 years in over 155 countries, Jhpiego has worked to prevent the needless deaths of women and their families. Jhpiego works with health experts, governments, and community leaders to provide high-quality health care for their people. Jhpiego develops strategies to help countries care for themselves by training competent health care workers, strengthening health systems, and improving the delivery of care. Jhpiego designs innovative, effective, and low-cost health care solutions to ensure a level of care for women and their families. These practical, evidence-based interventions are breaking down barriers to high-quality health care for the world’s most vulnerable populations. Website: . .
Responsibilities will be but not limited to:
• Work collaboratively with other project team members to ensure necessary project planning, development, resource availability, and management activities function smoothly and efficiently.
• Lead the ACHIEVE Jhpiego scope in collaboration with staff, implementing partners, and other key stakeholders
• Ensure implementation of PrEP activities adheres to the Rwanda policies, guidelines, and SOPs.
• Monitor service delivery and ensure the reaching of targets and ongoing monitoring of effective PrEP use, including intervention as necessary where use is sub-optimal.
• Work closely with Sr M&ER Advisor to ensure high quality of the data reports and timely reporting; use data reports for programming
• Contribute to work plans, reports, and presentations summarizing technical approaches and achievements
• Collaborate with the project team to document experiences; prepare program site visits, reports, presentations, and articles/success stories.
• Identify opportunities for the program to increase demand, efficiency, and quality of program delivery.
• Preparation of reports relating to PrEP interventions (i.e. to improve early continuation and restarting of PrEP after stopping FP uptake).
• Oversee PrEP/HTS /GBV clinical training, mentoring, and develop technical capacity in district programs in the area of quality service delivery.
• Contribute to lessons learned through program implementation.
• Liaise with government and other stakeholders as required on project activities, strategies, and progress.
• Support knowledge management through the on-line resource platform
• Ensure compliance with USAID regulations as well as the implementation of Jhpiego policies
• Perform any other task as assigned by the Supervisor
Job Skills: Not Specified
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Demonstrated ability to establish and sustain interpersonal and professional relationships with USAID Mission, HIV implementing partners, MOH/Rwanda Biomedical Center, and local CSOs
• Demonstrated strong technical knowledge and experience in the following areas: HIV testing services and linkage including index testing and HIV; PrEP; HIV prevention services; GBV response among OVC/DREAMS beneficiaries
• Demonstrated experience working with diverse population types, including AGYW; ability to identify unique needs of OVC/DREAMS beneficiaries and best strategies for reaching them
• Ability to describe HIV program data collection and reporting requirements, to critically analyze program data and use program data to inform future directions
• In-depth knowledge of and experience with USAID/PEPFAR funded programs, regulations, compliance, and reporting and working with International NGOs as well
• Experience in building health providers, capacity in HIV clinical skills including PrEP
• Proven experience in HIV program data collection and reporting requirements, analyze program data, and use program data to inform future directions
• Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines, and intense pressure to perform
• Excellent leadership and mentoring skills, including clinical training an mentorship skills
• A medical degree (medical doctor, nursing or midwifery ) with an advanced degree in public health, health administration, international health, or a related field
• A minimum of 7 years of experience in mid-to-senior management (technical) position on comprehensive HIV prevention and treatment programs with familiarity in PrEP/HTS program implementation required
• Working experience with MOH/RBC and health facilities will be an added value
• Demonstrate a depth understanding of the Rwandan healthcare system, particularly the Public health system
• Fluent in written and spoken English and French
• Excellent facilitation, oral and written communications skills
• Ability and willingness to travel 20% of the time
• Office 365 skills required
• Interested potential and qualified candidates are requested to submit their applications file made by:
• Motivation letter and updated CV
• 3 Professional references with full names, phone numbers, and email address
• Copies of related training certificates
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
The application file should be addressed to Jhpiego Rwanda Country Representative via [email protected] with ACHIEVE Deputy Technical Lead in the subject line by Friday 2nd October 2020 at 5:00 pm Kigali Time Note: The successful candidate should be ready to start in two weeks maximum after receiving the offer letter. For further information on Jhpiego, please go to: If you don’t hear from us within three weeks from the submission deadline, consider your application unsuccessful. Note: Jhpiego is an equal opportunity employer. It does not discriminate in employment because of age, religion, tribe, race, color, gender, national origin, disability, military status, marital status, family responsibility, a station of life, political opinion, health (includes HIV/AIDS, pregnancy) socioeconomic status, or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria. Employment and promotion for any position are based on an individual’s qualifications and merit. Jhpiego does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, orientation, or any other fees).