Jobs at:Good Neighbors International-Rwanda
Deadline of this Job:
07 September 2020
Within Rwanda , Huye , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, September 01, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Good Neighbors International (GNI) is an international humanitarian and developmental organization in General Consultative Status with UN ECOSOCO operating in 40 countries around the world. GNI in Rwanda (a.k.a. GNR) has endeavored to improve child sponsorship and protection, health, education, WASH, agriculture & livelihood, humanitarian assistance, advocacy, and social economy in 4 districts (Gasabo, Kamony, Gisagara, and Nyamagabe) since 1994. We would like to recruit different staff with the following positions: .
Tasks and Responsibilities
• Project Management payment approval request preparation of the projects in charge
• To manage and monitor budget execution regularly and report to his/her superiors
• To manage bank accounts for projects in charge, check, and record financial transactions.
• To conduct monthly project budget analysis and financial reports (cash journal).
• To maintain financial security by following internal controls with confidentiality
• To execute a budget in a transparent way
• To prepare monthly vouchers
• To verify and approve monthly QuickBooks data transaction recording
• Keeping the safety of office equipment and office materials.
• Shall not disclose or divulge during or after his/her service any confidential information obtained through his/her work.
• Perform Bank activities,
• Prepares payments by verifying documentation, and requesting disbursements
• To perform additional jobs assigned by the Country Director and/or Project Manager
Job Skills: Not Specified
Qualifications and experience required
• Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Finance and Accounting;
• Minimum of 4 years working experience in the field of Finance/Accounts, in a recognized institution, preferably with NGOs;
• Must be able to use QuickBooks and MS Excel & Word
• Experience of working with multiple partners financed by external donors
• Proven experience of operating computerized accounting systems and coding systems.
• Manages resources and deadlines with minimum supervision
• Proven, extensive experience in financial statement preparation and reporting
• High level of numeracy, accuracy and analytical skills
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work effectively in a culturally diverse organization
• Excellent spoken and written English, Working knowledge of Kinyarwanda
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
The interested candidates must submit directly their application letter addressed to Country Director; recent and detailed curriculum vitae written in English; relevant certificates; Diploma required; a photocopy of the National Identity Card at Good Neighbors International, Head Office (Kigali); located at Kimihurura, opposite to Lemigo Hotel (FAIRVIEW building_3rd floor, right-wing) by September 07th, 2020 before 5 pm.