6 Malaria Study Laboratory Technicians
Deadline of this Job:
14 September 2020
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, September 07, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Jhpiego is an International, Non-Profit health organization affiliated to Johns Hopkins University. For 40 years in over 155 countries, Jhpiego has worked to prevent the needless deaths of women and their families. Jhpiego works with health experts, governments, and community leaders to provide high-quality health care for their people. Jhpiego develops strategies to help countries care for themselves by training competent health care workers, strengthening health systems, and improving the delivery of care. Jhpiego designs innovative, effective, and low-cost health care solutions to ensure a level of care for women and their families. .
• The candidate will be responsible to perform all study-related laboratory procedures according to study protocols.
• This will specifically entail collection, processing, and storage of biological samples, conducting relevant laboratory assays with proper documentation of results, and record keeping.
• He/she will ensure all quality assurance protocols are in place and abide by Good Clinical and Laboratory Practice (GCLP).
• They will also be expected to work within the health center
• He/she will work in close liaison with the site team, the Study Coordinator and under the supervision of the Health Center and the Principal investigator
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Be Rwandan by nationality and ready to start immediately
• Diploma (A1) or Bachelor’s Degree in Laboratory technology from a recognized institution with at least 3-4 years’ experience in a health facility.
• Having a valid license from National Council
• Prior experience in research will be desirable.
• Ability to work under the leadership of the health center where the sites will be located and build a good relationship between different teams
• Possession of a GCP or GCLP certificate will be preferable.
• Ready to be based at any of the 3 sites
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Interested and qualified candidates should apply online http://jrims.org/Job_Application/studycord.php and upload the following documents in PDF format with your names:
• Updated CV,
• Proof of previous experiences,
• Academic Degrees & Certificates,
• 3 referees, one of whom should be the current employer, previous employer, and academic supervisor/lecturer with their full contacts.
Address the complete application files to Country Representative. The closing date for the vacancy is September 14th, 2020 @5pm.
Only online applications shall be considered and failure to follow the outlined procedure might result in the application being disqualified.
If you don’t hear from us within three weeks from the submission deadline, consider your application unsuccessful.
Jhpiego is an equal opportunity employer. It does not discriminate in employment because of age, religion, tribe, race, color, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, military status, marital status, family responsibility, the station of life, political opinion, health (includes HIV/AIDS, pregnancy) socioeconomic status, or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria. Employment and promotion for any position are based on an individual’s qualifications and merit. Jhpiego does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, orientation, or any other fees).