6 Assistant Accountant
Jobs at:Duhozanye Organization
Deadline of this Job:
26 March 2021
Within Rwanda , Gisagara , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, March 23, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Duhozanye is a Non- Governmental Organization legally operating in Rwanda granted legal personality No 131/11 of 2003 whose mission is “to ensure the socio-economic rehabilitation of widows and orphans of the genocide in order to integrate them into everyday life so that they can particularly striving for self-reliance and generally participate in the development of the country”. To achieve her mission ensuring social economic empowerment of women with a focus on widows of genocide against the Tutsi and other marginalized vulnerable women in the community, Duhozanye need to recruit the following suitable staff: 3. Assistant Accountant .
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Prepare the fund’s release documents Assure the imputation, entry, and classification of the accounting documents related to the organization’s finances
• Analyze the funding requests of the associations/cooperatives to be engaged, prepare the funds to transfer documents, and obtain accounting documents as justifications before the next transfer.
• Prepares the monthly financial report based on the accounting application, with all necessary justifying documentation (invoice, bank drafts, and bank exchange).
• Produce the financial statements at the end of each financial year as well as the other financial reports necessary for the coordination of the Duhozanye organization
• Prepare the payroll of the organization Duhozanye and establish the declarations to the RRA, deductions at source, contributions, and medical RSSB
• Establish the disbursement to be sent to the various partners of Duhozanye
• Follow up on-budget execution
• Keep the capital assets and depreciation file up-to-date
• Ensures the management of the data file and the appropriate filing of the electronic and hard copies of the financial documents and reports.
• Ensures a regular monitoring of the bank account(s).
• Maintains payment record of all invoices received.
• Maintains payee statement records for all suppliers.
• Carries out payments of all regular area office expenses such as office rental, telephone bills, advances, etc
• Budget prepares the planning of the financial needs for forthcoming periods.
• Ensures sufficient availability of funds in the office bank accounts and cash by liaising with the appropriate interlocutors.
• Maintains the petty cash box, with all due accounting and security precautions.
• Prepares the elements for the budget analysis.
• Maintains the budget forecast tool.
• Monitors the development of expenditure, ensuring that budget overruns do not occu
• Translates financial documents (invoices) as appropriates and maintaining complete files.
• Carries out any other duties that may reasonably or exceptionally be required to ensure the smooth operation of Duhozanye work, such as substituting for absent colleagues, etc after approval of the Duhozanye Management Team.
At least hold a bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance. Or Equivalen
Job Skills : Not Specified
• Min 3-5 years relevant experience in finance and accounting, having this experience in project management will be an added value
• Relevant experience in audit and costing is advantageous.
• Excellent strategic planning skills and able to interact with all levels of stakeholders
• Good MS Office skills particularly strong capabilities in MS Excel.
• Able to work independently and highly meticulous.
• Working experience in SAP is highly regarded.
• Familiarity in the Sage Accounting system is advantageous.
• Accepting staying near workplace (This in Gisagara District Save Sector
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested candidates should address their application enclosed with a cover letter, Curriculum vitae, academic documents, and other certificates to the legal representative of Duhozanye Organization and delivered in a single PDF document to Duhozanye’s e-mail: [email protected] not later than 26th March, 2021 at 5:00 pm. Duhozanye is an equal opportunity employer, and for this position female candidates are encouraged to apply