4 Community Health Specialists
Deadline of this Job:
18th October 2019
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, October 10, 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Employment Opportunity: Community Health Specialists (4)
Summary of the role
IntraHealth would like to hire four (4) Community Health Specialists to be based in various locations (Kigali, Rwamagana, Nyanza and Rubavu), who will provide technical and program support in planning and implementation of community health services including Integrated Community Case Management (iCCM), Community Based Provision of Family Planning (CBP-FP), Community Based Maternal and Neonatal Health (CBMNH), and Community based nutrition (CB-N) for the USAID-funded Ingobyi Activity. Each community health specialist will be responsible for about 3 districts where s/he will coordinate all community health activities. The position will report directly to the Zonal Coordinator. .
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
Planning and integration of maternal newborn and malaria support
• Work closely with the technical team – particularly the Malaria, Maternal and FP, Newborn and Child health specialists, as well as the Zonal Coordinator, to plan, implement and scale-up strategies for high impact interventions at the community level.
• Monitor the implementation of Ingobyi’s workplan related to community level interventions such as ICCM, maternal and newborn health activities and ensure that all activities are executed according to plan and in an integrated manner.
• Work collaboratively with other Ingobyi Activity team members and MOH/RBC to ensure good coordination and efficient programming and management of community health interventions.
Implementation and Operations
• Lead iCCM, HBM, CBP, CBMNH, and CBN related interventions in the assigned zone, including the adaptation of best practices and evidence-based approaches into the local context.
• Plan implementation of activities in close collaboration with the respective zone-based technical specialists and RBC/MCCH counterparts.
• Support development of community health technical documents
• Conduct trainings on community health packages.
• Contribute to the roll out of e-learning for community health workers
• Conduct supportive supervision for CHW supervisors to ensure effective implementation community health activities and ensure support is provided based on needs.
• Support mentorship and supportive supervision for iCCM, HBM, CBPFP, CBMNH, and CBN activities and ensure that CHWs have updated learning tools, job aids and reporting tools.
• Assist finance staff to prepare financial forms to advance/reimburse funds for on-going activities.
• Prepare and avail job-aids and training materials in coordination with Ingobyi and MOH/RBC technical teams and ensure that materials and supplies reach targeted sites in a timely manner.
• Prepare and submit reports on community health interventions in a timely manner.
• Assist with organization of technical meetings, trainings, field visits, events and other activities.
• Assist with other programmatic and administrative duties as required.
• Prepare and submit reports to the supervisor in a timely manner;
Learning, documentation and sharing of lessons learned
• Contribute/coordinate with Ingobyi Activity’s MEL team to ensure that the project meets deliverables in accordance with the MEL framework.
• Collaborate with the MEL team, and other project personnel, to support ongoing monitoring, evaluation and learning.
• Ensure that iCCM, HBM, CBP-FP, CBMNH, and CB-N related activities are properly documented, and that program data are systematically collected, analyzed, submitted and properly archived as well as shared across the project to inform learning.
• Share experiences related to community based maternal, newborn, family planning and malaria activities to inform the design of Ingobyi Activity’s subsequent workplans.
Managing Performance: Ability to plan and design practices, processes and procedures that allow for effective management of people, resources and processes to optimize overall organizational performance. Managing for performance includes the ability to delegate and encourage growth and leadership across the team(s) as part of maximizing performance and productivity.
Strategic Thinking: Applies organizational knowledge to identify and maintain focus on key success factors for IntraHealth while recognizing, anticipating and resolving organizational challenges. Ability to develop organization- and industry-specific expertise and apply sound decision-making processes to reach productive resolutions that translates strategy into actionable business plans.
Effective Communication (Oral & Written): Understands effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, explain complex technical concepts in simple, clear language appropriate to the audience; and receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors
Risk Management: Knowledge of processes, tools, and techniques for assessing and controlling the organization's exposure to risks of various kinds; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Innovation: Develops new, better or significantly different ideas, methods, solutions or initiatives within an assigned roles that result in improvement of IntraHealth's performance and meeting objectives, results and global commitments.
Accountability: Holds self and others accountable for all work activities, research, and personal actions and decisions; follows through on commitments and focuses on those activities that have the greatest impact on meeting measurable high-quality results for IntraHealth's success. Exercises ethical practices, respectful words and behaviors, and equitable treatment of others in all activities.
• Bachelor’s degree in general nursing, public health, or other related fields. Candidates with master’s degree in public health will be preferred.
• Valid license issued by Rwanda National Council of Nurses and Midwives; Rwanda Allied Health Professions Council, or Rwanda Medical and Dental Council.
• At least five (5) years of professional experience working in maternal, newborn, family planning and malaria programs at the community level.
• Fluency in English, French and Kinyarwanda.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Experience in capacity building skills, including training and mentoring skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including report-writing and formal communication skills.
• Excellent computer skills, including proficiency in MS Office programs including MS Excel, MS Word and MS PowerPoint
• Solid skills in documentation and report writing
• Ability to travel nationally frequently
Job Education Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in general nursing
Job Experience Requirements: five (5) years
Job application procedure
Only applicants fulfilling the above requirements will be contacted. If you don’t hear from us within two weeks from the submission deadline, consider your application unsuccessful.
To apply and learn more about IntraHealth Careers @:
Learn more about “Who We Are” @: http://www.intrahealth.org/section/about-us1
Please, apply before October 18, 2019
During the application, each applicant is requested to choose a preferred location (Kigali, Nyanza, Rwamagana and Rubavu).