2 Malaria SBCC Zone Coordinators
Jobs at:Pro-Femmes /Twese Hamwe (PFTH)
Deadline of this Job:
23 November 2020
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, November 18, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Terms of Reference (ToR) for Malaria SBCC District/Zone Coordinator for the Implementation of Malaria SBCC Strategic Interventions by Pro-Femmes/Twese Hamwe
Pro-Femmes /Twese Hamwe (PFTH) is an Umbrella of Rwandan Civil Society Organizations aiming at advancement of women’s status, peace, and development. It was established in October 1992, and currently represents 53 member organizations within the country. The mission of Pro-Femmes/Twese Hamwe is to eradicate all forms of discrimination towards women, to promote their socio-economic-political and legal status, and to enhance the institutional and organizational capacities of its member organizations through the promotion of sustainable human development approach based on gender equality and a culture of peace, justice, and human rights.
To achieve her mission promoting the social economic status of women and the entire family, PFTH secured funding from Rwanda Biomedical Centre (RBC) /Single Project Implementation Unit (SPIU Malaria &Other Parasitic Diseases Division) to implement SBCC National Malaria Strategic Plan 2020-2024. The goal of the SBC project is to contribute to reduction in malaria morbidity and mortality by 50% of the 2019 levels. The project will be implemented for an initial period of eight (8) months in the Northern Province. It is in this regard that PFTH wishes to recruit a well-qualified and experienced person for the position of “Malaria SBCC Zone Coordinator/’ to support the implementation of the Malaria project activities at district and community levels in the Northern Province.
Title: Malaria SBCC zone Coordinator (2 positions)
Reports to: Provincial Coordinator
Work station: Northern Province, Rwanda
Duration of Contract: Eight (8) months renewable depending on availability of funds .
• Bachelor’s degree in relevant fields (Public Health, Health Education, Nursing, Epidemiology, Community Health, Social Sciences or other related fields)
• Strategic thinking with problem solving skills
• Team working and organization skills in public health related domains
• Proven experience of 3 years in working with communities would be an added value
• Fluency and writing skills in English and Kinyarwanda are required for reporting purpose
• Panning and team organization skills
• Good communication skills with Fluency and community mobilization skills
• Excellent analytical and advocacy skills is desirable
• Experience in providing administrative leadership and support to work teams
• Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint, or similar software
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Under the overall supervision of Malaria Provincial Coordinator, the Malaria Zone Coordinator will be responsible of the following:
• Follow-up closely on the Implementation of the Annual Work Plan with regard to Malaria SBCC interventions
• Participate to the annual planning process and provide technical support for Malaria SBCC interventions in the catchment area.
• Ensure the Coordination of Malaria SBCC Activities (Prevention, Vector Control, and Case Management SBCC related activities) implementation at District and Community Levels.
• Collaborate with Malaria Provincial Coordinator and RBC/Malaria District Supervisors to ensure Local Leaders, Health Facilities, and Communities are fully engaged in Malaria Control.
• Organize meetings with Local Leaders, Health Facilities Leaders, CHWs, and other relevant stakeholders to improve awareness and implementation of Malaria SBCC Strategies at zone level.
• Coordinate Malaria SBCC activities implementation in the catchment areas
• Represent the CSO on daily basis in the districts of deployment
• Coordinate Monitoring and Evaluation of Malaria SBCC implementation activities
• Collaborate with Malaria Provincial Coordinator and CSO Malaria SBCC Officer to design and implement innovative malaria control interventions at District level.
• Prepare and submit monthly, quarterly reports from assigned District to Malaria Provincial Coordinator.
• Review technical reports from all health facilities in the catchment area and provided feedback.
• Ensure close follow up of implementation of recommendations.
• Participate to a monthly and quarterly evaluation of Health Facilities and Community Health Workers.
• Document best practices or most significant success stories of the project activities
• Carry out other tasks to support the project efforts as assigned
• Provide administrative support as needed
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Interested candidates should send their application enclosed with a cover letter, Curriculum vitae, academic documents, and other certificates to the Chairperson of PRO-FEMMES/TWESE HAMWE and delivered in hard copy to Pro-Femmes / Twese Hamwe’s office located next to Gahanga Sector Offices, Kicukiro district, City of Kigali or through email: [email protected] By 4:00 pm 23rd November, 2020.
N.B: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for written test.