Jobs at:Good Neighbors International-Rwanda
Deadline of this Job:
07 September 2020
Within Rwanda , Huye , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, September 01, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Good Neighbors International (GNI) is an international humanitarian and developmental organization in General Consultative Status with UN ECOSOCO operating in 40 countries around the world. GNI in Rwanda (a.k.a. GNR) has endeavored to improve child sponsorship and protection, health, education, WASH, agriculture & livelihood, humanitarian assistance, advocacy, and social economy in 4 districts (Gasabo, Kamony, Gisagara, and Nyamagabe) since 1994. We would like to recruit different staff with the following positions: .
Task and responsibilities:
• To execute and monitor agricultural projects through regular checking
• To co-work with participants/ beneficiaries and the local authority for self-reliance in the field area
• To plan, monitor and supervise agricultural activities
• To assist sector agronomist and other stakeholders in determining ways of cultivating crops on different plots of land, having in consideration the conditions of soil
• To train participants/farmers on cultivation methods
• To assist in selecting and procurement of the seeds, fertilizers and other materials required for plant growth
• To coordinate all site activities with regard to the implementation of Land husbandry technologies
• Assisting farmers in Applying received lime and compost and make sure they are applied at the right time and dose.
• To bring in cares and faculties to the good utilization of all material and equipment of the project
• To guide and oversee the correct implementation of the planned activities by the site.
• To execute and submit regular reports including Monthly Operational Reports, any executions plans and official Project Proposal Form (PPF), to Project Manager
• To check efficiency, effectiveness, and impacts of programs/projects through regular monitoring and reporting to Project Manager
• To have a proper partnership with local government (officers) through improved communication skills and evaluation
• To monitor regular field visits and have meetings with beneficiaries and stakeholder in order for checking, reporting and submitting the procedure and progress of on-going projects to project Manager
• To participate in regular meetings with community people, especially with communities and local authorities for finding local needs
• To perform additional jobs assigned by the Country Director and/or Project Manager
Job Skills: Not Specified
Qualifications and experience required
• Bachelor’s degree in the field of Agronomy, crop sciences, and/or related fields from a recognized University with at least 4 years’ field experience in a similar position/field.
• Full working knowledge of English and Kinyarwanda languages
• Should pay respect to custom and cultural behavior of residents of operating area
• Good computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and report writing skills.
• Honest and transparent
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• It is a field-based position. So, he/ she should be ready to travel to the field to the agriculture farms and Cooperatives in the rural areas
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
The interested candidates must submit directly their application letter addressed to Country Director; recent and detailed curriculum vitae written in English; relevant certificates; Diploma required; a photocopy of the National Identity Card at Good Neighbors International, Head Office (Kigali); located at Kimihurura, opposite to Lemigo Hotel (FAIRVIEW building_3rd floor, right-wing) by September 07th, 2020 before 5 pm.