10 Program Officer (OVC & DREAMS)
Jobs at:FXB Rwanda
Deadline of this Job:
16 October 2020
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, October 08, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
FXB Rwanda is a Rwandan Local Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) created in February 2012. It is affiliated to FXB International; an international NGO created in 1989, whose mission is to fight poverty and HIV/AIDS. FXB Rwanda is currently seeking to recruit for the following position: .
The Program officer is responsible for planning and coordinating Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC) and DREAMS activitiesimplemented under USAID Turengere Abana Program at the community / sector level.
• Identification and enrollement of potential benenficiaries for both OVC and DREAMS interventions based on established selection criteria;
• Sensitization of beneficiaries and communities on Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR), Gender Based Violence (GBV) prevention and HIV prevention and services;
• Collaboration with health facilities to ensure the access of HIV services for beneficiaries and their partners as well as ensuring access to HIV care and treatment for those in need;
• Train and equip Mentors of AGYW on adolescent counseling techniques on GBV & HIV/AIDS, Psychosocial support, SRHR, Life skills, Sexual Consent Child safeguarding; and other knowledge/skills required to support AGYW;
• Implement Train of Trainers (TOT) for OVC caregivers and elder AGYW on Income Generating Activities for Internal Saving and Lending Groups;
• Promote positive parenting practices and effective parent-child communication about sex related issues through the Families Matter! Program curriculum.
• Participation in monitoring and evaluation of site activities, including strengthening and maintaining safe space(s), school monitoring visits, monitoring of ISGs;
• Train SASA Community Activists that provide GBV prevention services, Community awareness campaigns aiming at preventing GBV in communities;
• Provide all program related reports (quarterly, Semi-annual and annual reports) to the Supervisor;
• Organize Quarterly Joint Planning and Quality Improvement meetings with stakeholder (partners) representatives at sector level;
• Represent the organization at Sector level
• Any other duties assigned by the supervisor
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Minimum of a bachelor’s in public health, social studies, nursing or any other related field;
• At least 3 years of experience in health promotion activities
• Computer literate to a high standard in Microsoft Office
• Good communication skills in English and Kinyarwanda;
• Must have a driving license, category A (its copy to be included in the application)
• Experience in similar position will be an added advantage
• Experience in USAID funded programs is an added advantage
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Interested candidates with required skills and competences are requested to submit their applications addressed to FXB Rwanda Executive Director at [email protected] . The applications include motivation letter, CVs, a copy of driving licence category A, and well completed FXB application form (found here: The applicants should be willing to work from any districts between Nyanza, Muhanga and Rwamagana. The applications will be accepted not later than Friday, October 16th, 2020 at 5:00pm (local time). Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.