School Equipment Specialist
Jobs at:Rwanda Technical &Vocational Education& Training Board
Deadline of this Job:
17 February 2021
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, February 15, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The last couple of years, Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) has been an important component within the Rwandese policy to end poverty. A reform of the TVET sector has been approved in 2008. Therefore, two new bodies have been created within the Ministry of Education: the Workforce Development Authority (WDA) and the Integrated Polytechnic Regional Centres (IPRCs). The WDA has to organise the TVET strategy at a national level and the IPRCs have to develop into centres of expertise on a provincial level. Since the reforms, TVET gets increased attention from the government, the private sector and international donors. The choice to have a joint programma with BTC, APEFE and VVOB was quickly made, since all partners have already been working within the Rwandan TVET sector for years. .
• Collaborate with the unit of Curriculum development to develop Standards Training Equipment Lists related to different training programs.
• Coordinate the development of technical Specifications of training Materials, training equipment and consumables required for effective delivery of training in TVET schools.
• Disseminate the developed technical specifications to different TVET schools.
• Follow up the supply of training materials and equipment from the manufacturer /Supplier to the concerned Schools, and ensure they are in compliance with the standards, supervise their installation, organize training of the end users of the equipment, provide instructions for maintenance and advise on life cycle of supplied training equipment.
• Keep database of standard equipment and Training materials in line with the scope of modern technology and industrial development.
• Update the list of training equipment and materials to be exempted from taxes.
Job Skills: Not Specified
Job Qualifications: Not Specified
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
To apply please click here https://recruitment.mifotra.gov.rw/Vacancies/Details/6709