Programme Policy Officer (Data Analyst)
Jobs at:World Food Program (WFP)
Deadline of this Job:
01 October 2020
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, September 21, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Career Opportunities: Programme Policy Officer ( Data Analyst), Service Contract Level 8 (124625) Requisition # 124625 – Posted 18/09/2020 – Short Term-SC WFP – Africa, Central & Eastern – Rwanda – Kigali – Working Job Language (2) – PROGRAMME & POLICY WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. The selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance. ABOUT WFP The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need. ORGANIZATIONAL CONTEXT This position will be based in WFP Rwanda, Kigali country Office and the job holder will work under the direct supervision of the head of Vulnerability Analysis and Mapping (VAM) and Monitoring & Evaluation(M&E) Unit. This position requires an experienced individual with a high degree of independence and will require providing support to more junior staff to ensure that programme and policy objectives are achieved in full. .
Under the direct supervision of the head of Vulnerability Analysis and Mapping (VAM) and Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Unit and the overall supervision of the Country Director and Representative, the Programme Policy Officer – Data Analyst will be responsible for leading the Data Integration Working Group (DIWG) activities in Rwanda country office as well as activities related to the Vulnerability Analysis and Mapping (VAM).
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
• Contribute towards the development of projects, plans, and processes, ensuring data availability and alignment with wider programme policies and guidelines.
• Provide project management support to the country strategic plan activities and ensure that the data gathered in the CO is available on consolidated platforms contributing to effective decision making
• Ensure robust data gathering and monitoring systems are in place with rigorous quality standards maintained.
• Support the capacity building of WFP staff, partners, and national government to prepare for and respond to food assistance needs, e.g. through data collection, data availability and analysis.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Advanced University degree in Computer Sciences, Information and Communication Technology, or other fields relevant to ICT, or First University Degree with additional years of related work experience and/or trainings/courses.
Knowledge and Skills
• Good knowledge of SPSS
• Good knowledge of databases and SQL Server database in particular
• Python or R programming skills
Experience: At least 3 years of post-education, progressively responsible experience in database development/management, vulnerability analysis, data analysis, or a closely related area or projects.
Fluency (level C) in English language
Knowledge of a second UN language will be an added value
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
The survey set up and development of data collection tools:
• Participate, as and when needed in the design of Vulnerability Analysis and Mapping (VAM) and M&E surveys;
• Prepare questionnaires/checklists and field materials for data collection for Food Security and Nutrition Monitoring System and other VAM/M&E surveys;
• Develop and programme Personal Digital Assistant questionnaires and other related data collection tools for VAM surveys;
Database set up, maintenance:
• Rationalize existing Country Office (CO) VAM and M&E data storage into a limited number of user-friendly databases, avoiding duplication with corporate VAM databases (online VAM portal…) and corporate M&E systems and ensure the possibility to export them into different file formats for analysis;
• Coordinate regular update of corporate VAM and food security databases and ensure consistency with CO databases as required;
• Ensure quality and consistency of collected data; lead database management; the maintenance of clean datasets and follow up any inconsistencies/discrepancies;
• Establish CO database converging all CO key data overlaying food security and other operational information in line with the data needs from every unit
• Lead design and implementation of various visual products (such as using Tableau) and link them to the databases for real-time reporting and visualization
• Liaise with relevant colleagues in and outside WFP, and consult various references on knowledge base on unresolved technical problems when the needs arise;
Job Skills: Not Specified
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
Has managed the project and provided input into designing operations. Has provided input into policy discussions and decisions. Has proven experience in data management and has been exposed to modern data management tools.
• Tableau Desktop and Server skills are an asset
• Mapping and GIS skills (ArcGIS, QGIS) are an asset
• Experience working with the humanitarian sector or in a social science field is an asset.
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
• Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Understands WFP’s Strategic Objectives and the link to own work objectives.
• Be a force for positive change: Flexibly adapts individual contributions to accommodate changes in direction from supervisors and internal/external changes (such as evolving needs of beneficiaries, new requirements of partners).
• Make the mission inspiring to our team: Recognizes and shares with team members the ways in which individual contributions relate to WFP’s mission.
• Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Sets own goals in alignment with WFP’s overall operations, and is able to communicate this link to others.
• Look for ways to strengthen people's skills: Assesses own strengths and weaknesses to increase self-awareness, and includes these in conversations on their own developmental needs.
• Create an inclusive culture: Participates in open dialogue, and values the diverse opinion of others, regardless of background, culture, experience, or country assignment.
• Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Proactively seeks feedback and coaching to build confidence, and develop and improve individual skills.
• Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Participates in accomplishing team activities and goals in the face of challenging circumstances.
• Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Shows willingness to explore and experiment with new ideas and approaches in your own work.
• Focus on getting results: Consistently delivers results within individual scope of work on time, on budget, and without errors.
• Make commitments and make good on commitments: Commits to upholding individual accountabilities and responsibilities in the face of ever-changing country or functional priorities.
• Be Decisive: Makes rational decisions about individual activities when faced with uncertain circumstances, including in times of ambiguity regarding information or manager direction.
• Connect and share across WFP units: Seeks to understand and adapt to internal or cross-unit teams’ priorities and preferred working styles.
• Build strong external partnerships: Demonstrates the ability to understand and appropriately respond to and/or escalate the needs of external partners.
• Be politically agile & adaptable: Portrays an informed and professional demeanor toward internal and external partners and stakeholders.
• Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Provides operational support on analyses and assessments that quantify and demonstrate WFP’s unique value as a partner.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Follow the linbk below to apply: https://career5.successfactors.eu//career?career_ns=job_listing&company=C0000168410P&navBarLevel=JOB_SEARCH&rcm_site_locale=en_GB&career_job_req_id=124625&_ga=2.216709200.777579101.1600314912-1903795739.1547571315