Deadline of this Job:
15th September 2019
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, September 09, 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Jhpiego Rwanda is hiring a Procurement Officer for its USAID and DoD Programs in Rwanda. The Procurement Officer will report to the Operations Manager and will be based in Kigali. .
• Ensure all steps involved in the procurement process – distribution of quotation requests, collection of pro forma invoices, analysis of bids, preparation and delivery of Purchase Orders, obtaining
• Goods receiving Notes, and final submission of the complete procurement file including GSRs, LPOs, delivery note, and invoices.
• Check quality and availability of requested items and collect proforma invoice accordingly
• Prepare and compile bid documents for review by the procurement committee, and assist in setting selection criteria.
• Prepare bid analysis and together with Procurement Committee recommend the best offer as per selection criterion set in a discussion.
• Register all purchase requests and ensure they are adequately specific and complete according to Jhpiego Rwanda’s procurement policy.
• Maintain an up-to-date vendor list of classified suppliers e.g. stationery, hardware, tools, furniture, equipment, etc. and make it available upon request.
• Regularly update (bi-annually) suppliers’ price data and refer to the same in support of finance & operations, procurement analysis, decision-making & budgeting.
• Work with Finance Unit to process the settlement of all invoices received from vendors.
• Ensure a proper filing of all procurement documents.
• Ensure timeliness of shipments of equipment, goods, materials in close coordination with other divisions within Jhpiego (or others as appropriate).
• Maintain records of shipping and receiving documentation.
• Work with clearing Agencies to clear any shipments from customs or any other government body in collaboration with Jhpiego Rwanda appropriate staff.
• Keep documentation related to the procurement of duty-free/VAT-free goods and services including follow up of exemptions and other official documents.
• Overseeing Office and Stores management
• Ensure proper Jhpiego office maintenance services
• Travel within Up Country occasionally
• Coordinate national and international travel arrangements for Jhpiego Rwanda staff and partners (Fare Approval Form, ticketing, ION to be charged, etc…)
• Book hotel accommodations for Jhpiego International guests including Airport Pick-Up and Drop-Off
• Book conference rooms for seminar and meetings
• Perform any other related duties as assigned by immediate Supervisor
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to work in a multi-disciplinary team setup; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
• Self-management is necessary (i.e. motivation, dealing with pressure, adaptability), detail-oriented, professionalism and consistent image. .
• Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to perform
• Ability to work proactively, organize and manage own work and assist others to do the same
• Excellent management, supervision/mentoring and organizational skills
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Purchasing and Supplies Management or Procurement /Logistics or related field;
• At least five to six years of practical commensurate experience in positions of increasing responsibilities with Procurement, clearing from customs and purchasing;
• Experience with US government-funded NGO is a must;
• Computer literacy, ability to use all programs in MS Office Suite and proficiency QuickBooks are is an added advantage;
• Knowledge of procurement and administrative systems
• Language Requirement: (Fluent) Speaking/Reading English and Kinyarwanda is required
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Job application procedure
Interested potential candidates are requested to submit their application file made by: Motivation letter and updated CV; 3 Professional references with full names, phone number, and email address; Proof of your previous experiences; Copies of academic certificates The application file should be addressed to Jhpiego Rwanda Country Representative via HR.Rwanda@jhpiego.org and copy Laurence.Mukanyindo@jhpiego.org with Jhpiego Procurement Officer in the subject line by September 15th, 2019 at 12:00 pm. For further information on Jhpiego, please go to http://www.jhpiego.org If you don’t hear from us within three weeks from the submission deadline, consider your application unsuccessful.